[RELEASE ]Reddit /r/video plugin
I have been thinking of trying something for reddit videos for a while. I waste too much time on reddit already though.

I put this together to page through the Hot Videos. I plan to add more listings like new, top, controversial and eventually saved videos when login support is added.

This depends on the excellent youtube plugin for playback. It only supports youtube links right now but I want to expand that to other popular video providers. I am looking at calling existing plugins like it does with youtube.

I also want to add login support for up/down vote. I am still reading through the api documents to get a grasp of everything. I will then have a better idea of cool feasible features.

Install it from my repo.
repo file
Nice! I began working on one awhile back, but got lazy and never finished it. Glad to see you come to the rescue. Smile
added categories.

I also changed it to /r/videos instead of /r/video/. This was actually just a mistake on my part. video isn't nearly as popular.
Thanks for this, BlueCop. It's awesome, and very much appreciated.

Cool
maruchan: I am the king of lazy. I write these to avoid real work. I just wish I could write a script to clean my house. it would be nice to have some auto laundry.

Fofer: no problem.

Vimeo support should be easy to add by calling the vimeo plugin. Links to youtu.be aren't displayed right now but will be in the next release. The 2 other popular providers I see are liveleak.com and break.com. I haven't found plugins for these. I will look into having playback handlers for these if they aren't too complicated.

I am coding sub-categories for new, top, and controversial. new will have basically 2 sort orders new or rising like the site. The top and controversial will just be time periods like on the site. I will probably be adding login last for saving/hiding videos and up/down vote.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to display the votes? I could put them in the plot descriptions. Up, Down, and Total? I could just do the total like on the site. They could be in front of the video name.

I just recently signed up to reddit so I haven't been using the site properly. I know comments are a big part of the site but I am not sure a good way to display them right now. If anyone knows or another plugin that support comments please post it so i can look at how they handle it. thanks.
Hey,

When I install this I encounter a very strange issue?.. It seems to install version 1.1.0 and says "Author Maruchan"?? Even When I install version 0.3 from blue cops repo Undecided

Any idea how to fix this? I've emptied my packages, checked for any old versions, and can't find a trace of it anywhere?

It tries to run, then I'm greeted with a script failed error...
Any advice?

Cheers,
I didn't realize maruchan had already made one when searching before writing this. I am using the same id. I will change it to something else. I should probably look at his code. it is probably better.
BlueCop Wrote:I didn't realize maruchan had already made one when searching before writing this. I am using the same id. I will change it to something else. I should probably look at his code. it is probably better.

Ahh,

That explains that Big Grin

Maruchans works/worked ok, it lists the most popular videos but not in sections. It worked ok, until I uninstalled it and then added yours from the repo where upon it got all weird on me and still thought it was maruchans but then refused to work, just giving me a script error.

That aside, I'd just like t say thanks bluecop! Your plugins are great and I for one appreciate all the work you've put into these fantastic plugins.

Cheers,
Pat~
BlueCop Wrote:I didn't realize maruchan had already made one when searching before writing this. I am using the same id. I will change it to something else. I should probably look at his code. it is probably better.

I promise it's not :p
Hey I wrote one for myself too, but it pulls from the reddit.tv source that the boxee app uses. It frequently gets failure errors though, whoever wrote reddit.tv is using appengine and dosent stay on top of the quotas. Here it is if you want to use any of it.
PatrickBateman Wrote:Ahh,

That explains that Big Grin

Maruchans works/worked ok, it lists the most popular videos but not in sections. It worked ok, until I uninstalled it and then added yours from the repo where upon it got all weird on me and still thought it was maruchans but then refused to work, just giving me a script error.

That aside, I'd just like t say thanks bluecop! Your plugins are great and I for one appreciate all the work you've put into these fantastic plugins.

Cheers,
Pat~

I'm in the same boat here as well. Uninstalled Maruchan's version, installed yours via the repo and now XBMC is all kinds of confused. No matter what I try, it still thinks your version is the old one.

Any word on whether you've been able to fix this? I'm really missing the reddit videos.
ok i changed the plugin id so it is different front maruchans.

You will have to remove the existing plugin from the "Enabled Add-Ons" list. You can then update my repo and install the one with the new plugin id.
Cheers Bluecop,
Much appreciated Nod
Cheers mate, I can watch reddit videos again! Only issue I noticed was each video displayed Localize$[] when using the Xperience skin by Black. Other than that it's great.
Setting up XBMC Eden on a new machine this morning, I installed the Bluecop repo (The Reddit addon is the most used on our house by far) but got an error message that the repo 'does not have the correct structure'. I wondered if the file had become corrupt but redownloaded a fresh one and got the same error.

I can't live without my nightly browse of Reddit on XBMC. Anyone have any idea why I'm suddenly getting an error?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE ]Reddit /r/video plugin1