MPC-HC for DTS-HD/TRUEHD/WMVHD only..how?
4 questions..

1.So i configured mpc-hc to run for certain file types ie mkv/m2ts etc.. but i want to narrow it down to audio codecs only. Because i want it to run only for hd audio and use dvdplayer for everything else even if its mkv.

This is what i have.. there seems to be a audiocodec attribute but what should be the arguments for thatHuh

audiocodec =dtshd|truehdHuh

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>

2.also how do i control mpchc from harmonyone remote? I can control the dvdplayer but mpchc doesnt work except stop.

3.Also, if there are 3 chapters in a file.. and i stop in between... mpchc will not stop until all chapters are played. It will stop and start the next one. and so on till all are done.
4. Too much delay in harmonyone clicks. first click works, second one doesnt register. no issues with the receiver since it works perfectly with my old remote.

Seriously after all these issues, I am getting tired of it. I hope eden comes soon and comes with hd audio playback. Also these remotes are becoming tiring to use after so much tinkering and I want to go back to use the good old keyboard mouse. This is my last attempt before I send my $200 purchase back.

Thanks!
1. I found it easier to simply make sure I name my HD audio files with either TRUEHD or DTSHDMA in the title, then I use filename=".*TRUEHD*.", for example. I suppose the audiocodec would work too, if you find the actual audio codec name.

2. Simply reconfigure MPC HC Options>Keys to use the same keypresses as XMBC. Play/Pause P, Subtitles T, Stop X, etc. You don't even need to make any changes to your setup when you enter MPC HC. All the commands will work perfectly the same as XBMC. Yeah, you lose a little functionality like the clock, info screen.

3. I'm assuming you're talking about a similar situation to Play from here.. in the C menu. Same thing. If you stop the show, it will start the next continuously until it's done. The only solution I've found is to start task manager and kill XBMC.

4. I'm not even sure what you mean. My harmony remotes work fine in every application.

5. Pre Eden with bitstreaming sucks. I tried to make it work and no matter what I tried, it constantly had slight glitches in the audio. MPC HC with lavfsplitter, lavvideo decoder, ffdshow audio decoder, and madVR renderer are nearly flawless. When I say nearly flawless, I might get a dropped frame here and there, but it's never even noticeable. I ended up switching back to ffdshow audio because lavaudio decoder just wrecked TrueHD.
hardrock_121 Wrote:Seriously after all these issues, I am getting tired of it. I hope eden comes soon and comes with hd audio playback. Also these remotes are becoming tiring to use after so much tinkering and I want to go back to use the good old keyboard mouse. This is my last attempt before I send my $200 purchase back.

Thanks!

I think clubwerks post is spot on, I agree entirely...

The sad thing is though... Eden won't have HD Audio. The AE never made it in before the big freeze Sad this means that we will have to wait for the new AE in a nightly release sometime between Eden and Frodo.

But until then, I don't think you can go wrong following clubwerks advice. I much prefer the external player option for playing the few HD Audio files in existence, rather than using an unsupported, buggy, awkward Pre-Eden version that's been floating about since a few months back (which clearly isn't a "1 size fits all" solution).

Hopefully AE will be in soon after Eden's release though, I'm more excited about the video decoding upgrades that may happen next year Big Grin
PatrickBateman Wrote:I think clubwerks post is spot on, I agree entirely...

The sad thing is though... Eden won't have HD Audio. The AE never made it in before the big freeze Sad this means that we will have to wait for the new AE in a nightly release sometime between Eden and Frodo.

But until then, I don't think you can go wrong following clubwerks advice. I much prefer the external player option for playing the few HD Audio files in existence, rather than using an unsupported, buggy, awkward Pre-Eden version that's been floating about since a few months back (which clearly isn't a "1 size fits all" solution).

Hopefully AE will be in soon after Eden's release though, I'm more excited about the video decoding upgrades that may happen next year Big Grin

Not to mention that besides the somewhat buggy HD audio playback, I actually had DTS movies that were completely unplayable on it. And it was based on a July nightly that was never going to get updated. None of the video addons like Hulu or Amazon Prime worked with it.

I'm using the DSPlayer version based on a very recent nightly. I handles all the playback that I don't use MPC HC for, it can bitstream HD audio with the proper filter setup (which I used the same filters as MPC HC) and it works with all the streaming video addons. That's a fantastic setup IMO.
clubwerks Wrote:Not to mention that besides the somewhat buggy HD audio playback, I actually had DTS movies that were completely unplayable on it. And it was based on a July nightly that was never going to get updated. None of the video addons like Hulu or Amazon Prime worked with it.

I'm using the DSPlayer version based on a very recent nightly. I handles all the playback that I don't use MPC HC for, it can bitstream HD audio with the proper filter setup (which I used the same filters as MPC HC) and it works with all the streaming video addons. That's a fantastic setup IMO.

Couldn't agree more. It's a far more elegant solution and one that can be tailored (in a non butchering fashion) to suit almost any users PC as mpc-hc it's self is one of the best, most configurable media players in existence bar none! (IMO)

I exclusively used mpc until I moved over to xbmc. Now, if only they could somehow integrate mpc into xbmc.. Well.. That would be like making love to Keira Nightly while having your balls tickled by Angelina Jolie Shocked
PatrickBateman Wrote:Couldn't agree more. It's a far more elegant solution and one that can be tailored (in a non butchering fashion) to suit almost any users PC as mpc-hc it's self is one of the best, most configurable media players in existence bar none! (IMO)

I exclusively used mpc until I moved over to xbmc. Now, if only they could somehow integrate mpc into xbmc.. Well.. That would be like making love to Keira Nightly while having your balls tickled by Angelina Jolie Shocked

That would be nice. Both of those things actually. Big Grin But the integration is so seamless it doesn't even bother me. Even my wife doesn't notice any difference in use, which is the real key.
3 - I assume you mean that the file resumes from the point where it last was stopped - if so go to mpc-hc\options\player and uncheck 'remember file position'. This though will start the file from the beginning on each play.
clubwerks Wrote:That would be nice. Both of those things actually. Big Grin But the integration is so seamless it doesn't even bother me. Even my wife doesn't notice any difference in use, which is the real key.

Big Grin

Ahh, perhaps my original playercorefactory was not set up correctly, i didnt really quite get it perfected and mine was a tad messy.

It's part of the reason why I made the "resented" moved from XP to windows 7 (I still really prefer XP on my media centres and with a good playercorefactory I could go back) Smile

I might have a look at your playercorefactory (I think you posted it in a other thread) and try it out on my little XP test machine and see how it goes Nod

Cheers bro,
Pat~
steelman1991 Wrote:3 - I assume you mean that the file resumes from the point where it last was stopped - if so go to mpc-hc\options\player and uncheck 'remember file position'. This though will start the file from the beginning on each play.

No, I am not talking about file resuming.. I am saying... if I have part1of3-part20f3-part303, which end up combining into one file,at least on the UI. (because they are chained and stacked in xbmc somehow), if I stop while playing part1of3 it will not stop there... infact will start 2of3, if i stop again, it will start 3of3. It will stop doing this only when it reaches the final part.

I have a folder of music videos which got renamed (my mistake to let xbmc do renaming) and there were about 45 videos.. so by any chance if i start playing that it will not stop till it reaches 45th video. or i have to task kill xbmc. DVDplayer doesnt have this issues.. its only mpchc.
clubwerks Wrote:1. I found it easier to simply make sure I name my HD audio files with either TRUEHD or DTSHDMA in the title, then I use filename=".*TRUEHD*.", for example. I suppose the audiocodec would work too, if you find the actual audio codec name.

2. Simply reconfigure MPC HC Options>Keys to use the same keypresses as XBMC. Play/Pause P, Subtitles T, Stop X, etc. You don't even need to make any changes to your setup when you enter MPC HC. All the commands will work perfectly the same as XBMC. Yeah, you lose a little functionality like the clock, info screen.

3. I'm assuming you're talking about a similar situation to Play from here.. in the C menu. Same thing. If you stop the show, it will start the next continuously until it's done. The only solution I've found is to start task manager and kill XBMC.

4. I'm not even sure what you mean. My harmony remotes work fine in every application.

5. Pre Eden with bitstreaming sucks. I tried to make it work and no matter what I tried, it constantly had slight glitches in the audio. MPC HC with lavfsplitter, lavvideo decoder, ffdshow audio decoder, and madVR renderer are nearly flawless. When I say nearly flawless, I might get a dropped frame here and there, but it's never even noticeable. I ended up switching back to ffdshow audio because lavaudio decoder just wrecked TrueHD.

1. its pain to rename all of them now based on the codecname.. i will have to open every file in mkvinfo or somekind of file and rename them individually. Sad
2.Infact I did look at that but i thought it didnt work.. i will give it a shot again. all i need is play pause next fwd rwd and menu or info.
3. I believe you are in the same boat as I am.. i am doing the same right now kill xbmc which is a pain to bring it up again if i am not around and wife is operating it.
4. What is the key delay you are using? I have mceremote,mce keyboard, media center ce. The problem I am facing is if I have to hit a key twice like right right to move the movie list.. it will seldom register the second one, there seems to be some delay. I looked at the Adjust delay menu and my values currently are Interkey-0, input-0, interdevice-500. I am clearly having problem with interkey but its already at 0.
5. From other comments eden is not getting HD audio which is a biiiiiiiiiggggg isssue. I understand the devs need time.. but I guess this was the biggest feature for eden. I believe my woes will continue with for a while until we have a one stop solution for everything instead of relying on mpchc and dvdplayer back and forth.
clubwerks Wrote:Not to mention that besides the somewhat buggy HD audio playback, I actually had DTS movies that were completely unplayable on it. And it was based on a July nightly that was never going to get updated. None of the video addons like Hulu or Amazon Prime worked with it.

can you point me to the setup you used? also so you dont use dvdplayer at all?

Another thing is.. i had asked this qtn earlier also but never got a proper answer.. how do move between nightly versions without killing my current setup. I was assuming userdata folder backup should be good enough and customized menus in advancedsettings.xml but that didnt work before. I am using aeon mq3 and there is not advancedsettings.xml which stores the custom menus. Also replacing userdata kept the sources but all the playlists were hosed and showed empty library. Ultimately I ended up getting everything setup again.NoNoNo
hardrock_121 Wrote:can you point me to the setup you used? also so you dont use dvdplayer at all?

Another thing is.. i had asked this qtn earlier also but never got a proper answer.. how do move between nightly versions without killing my current setup. I was assuming userdata folder backup should be good enough and customized menus in advancedsettings.xml but that didnt work before. I am using aeon mq3 and there is not advancedsettings.xml which stores the custom menus. Also replacing userdata kept the sources but all the playlists were hosed and showed empty library. Ultimately I ended up getting everything setup again.NoNoNo

I use dvd player to play streaming because I don't believe DSPlayer handles it. I actually didn't set it up that way, I think the DSPlayer version comes that way out of the box.

As for the other part, it never occurred to me to do anything special. I just install it over the top. I probably did it 50 times, never had any problem. I suppose if a nightly broke something, I could reinstall an older version or wait 24 hours for a new one. That's kind of the nature of the beast with nightlies. You have to have faith.
steelman1991 Wrote:3 - I assume you mean that the file resumes from the point where it last was stopped - if so go to mpc-hc\options\player and uncheck 'remember file position'. This though will start the file from the beginning on each play.

No, if you select multiple files to play, stacked files or using the play from here context menu selection, MPC is like the relentless little engine that could. Every time you close a file, it will open the next one until it gets to the end.
hardrock_121 Wrote:1. its pain to rename all of them now based on the codecname.. i will have to open every file in mkvinfo or somekind of file and rename them individually. Sad
2.Infact I did look at that but i thought it didnt work.. i will give it a shot again. all i need is play pause next fwd rwd and menu or info.
3. I believe you are in the same boat as I am.. i am doing the same right now kill xbmc which is a pain to bring it up again if i am not around and wife is operating it.
4. What is the key delay you are using? I have mceremote,mce keyboard, media center ce. The problem I am facing is if I have to hit a key twice like right right to move the movie list.. it will seldom register the second one, there seems to be some delay. I looked at the Adjust delay menu and my values currently are Interkey-0, input-0, interdevice-500. I am clearly having problem with interkey but its already at 0.
5. From other comments eden is not getting HD audio which is a biiiiiiiiiggggg isssue. I understand the devs need time.. but I guess this was the biggest feature for eden. I believe my woes will continue with for a while until we have a one stop solution for everything instead of relying on mpchc and dvdplayer back and forth.

1. You should have named them that way from the beginning. Just saying.

4. I just have the Harmony 880 set up as an MCE Keyboard in the Harmony Setup. Nothing fancy. Here's the deal, if you're emulating a keyboard, the remote couldn't possibly know what it's controlling. If you press play and it's set up right, the remote sends the keyboard command "p". If you set up MPC HC with the command play/pause = p, it will works. Make sure to go through the entire key list and change anything that already uses p. I just cleared the entire key list and set everything I wanted. I've got play/pause, 10 second skip back, 30 second skip fwd, 5 minute skip fwd and back, time remaining, subtitle on/off, stop, exit and filter menu.

5. If you want HD audio, use the dsplayer version. You can use it with or without MPC. I use it upstairs without mpc because my wife mainly watches that TV and the quality is not is good as our main TV. DSPlayer when configured with lavsplitter, lavaudio decoder and ffdshow audio decoder just plain works for every audio and video format I've thrown at it. I choose to use MPC downstairs because the video quality is noticeably better when using madVR as the rendered on a properly calibrated TV.
clubwerks Wrote:1. You should have named them that way from the beginning. Just saying.

4. I just have the Harmony 880 set up as an MCE Keyboard in the Harmony Setup. Nothing fancy. Here's the deal, if you're emulating a keyboard, the remote couldn't possibly know what it's controlling. If you press play and it's set up right, the remote sends the keyboard command "p". If you set up MPC HC with the command play/pause = p, it will works. Make sure to go through the entire key list and change anything that already uses p. I just cleared the entire key list and set everything I wanted. I've got play/pause, 10 second skip back, 30 second skip fwd, 5 minute skip fwd and back, time remaining, subtitle on/off, stop, exit and filter menu.

5. If you want HD audio, use the dsplayer version. You can use it with or without MPC. I use it upstairs without mpc because my wife mainly watches that TV and the quality is not is good as our main TV. DSPlayer when configured with lavsplitter, lavaudio decoder and ffdshow audio decoder just plain works for every audio and video format I've thrown at it. I choose to use MPC downstairs because the video quality is noticeably better when using madVR as the rendered on a properly calibrated TV.

i heard madvr works only for nvidia... i m on i3 processor so using it to bitstream without any video card. i might be wrong but when i initially started looking into this thats what i had found then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPC-HC for DTS-HD/TRUEHD/WMVHD only..how?0