intermittent black screen
I just downloaded and installed XBMC Live on a computer using an Nvidia GTX 460, and I'm having a strange issue. Sometimes it will boot up and the screen will be fine, but I will have no audio. Other times it will boot up and the screen will be black, but I can move the arrow keys up and down and hear the "click" noises which of course means the audio is working. I cannot get them both to work at the same time. It is set to use the analog audio, which I have used before in an almost identical setup. I've looked around on these forums and some online as well and haven't really found anything helpful, I did make a few changes in xorg.conf and ran the nvidia settings script a few times but none of that helped. I just did a fresh reload to undo all of my changes. I'm stumped.
I was originally doing this with a DVI to HDMI cable, but I am now trying the mini HDMI to HDMI and having the same results. It almost seems like it will do either audio over HDMI or video over HDMI but won't do both at the same time, which doesn't really make any sense.
I don't know if this helps but was reading an article on. Issuing remote about screen going blank, it turns out it was the niVida's drivers needed updated, you could try and update and see if that resolves the problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
intermittent black screen0