Problems with External DVD/CDROM Drive
I have a problem with my External DVD/CDROM drive that is hooked up to my Acer Revo 3700. I know most people use a flash drive to install live but I burned it to CD and plugged in an old DVD/CDROM drive I had lying around and went that route. No problems installing the latest live 10.04 and boots into XBMC live fine while that disc or no disc was in the drive. The problem came when I decided I wanted to watch a movie in XBMC from this drive, I loaded the DVD movie into the drive and then pressed the power button on my revo, went back to my chair to watch my movie only to have XBMC hang at the XBMC logo. Normal boot time is around 35 seconds from power on until XBMC is loaded so after over a minute I knew something was wrong, I could tell that the external drive was being read as the light kept flashing and you could hear it spinning up. I got up went to the drive and pressed the eject button and XBMC immediately loaded. Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? Is there a way to prevent XBMC from reading the disc or at least wait until it has fully loaded before attempting to read the disc?
After trying a few different things I actually discovered XBMC will hang regardless of what disc is in the drive whereas before I thought it was only doing this on Movie disc. I guess there is no solution for this problem, not a big deal just something I had hoped would work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with External DVD/CDROM Drive0