Question
I ran into a problem last night with one of my apple tvs running the nightly from September 23. This was really the first problem that I have encountered that I have not been able to come up with a solution by simply searching the forums. While I did finally correct it, I just thought I would pass along the information in case it happened or has happened to anyone else. Sorry, I cannot post any logs, as they were not enabled at the time.

Anyways, last night I had several of my TV show episodes showing up into my Recently added movie category. These TV shows have been in my library for quite sometime and no updates or changes were made. Also I was unable to access my TV shows or my Movies from the menu, it only brought up a blank video tab. I thought that I might have accidently moved a folder or something on the main machine, but that wasn't the case. So my next course of action was to try and delete the file from the apple TV itself, with no luck of course.

So after checking the other apple TV was in order, I was completely stumped. I read the forums, searching for a similar problem, but of course to no avail.

This morning I updated to the latest nightly, hoping that might solve the issue since my library was still intact. However, the newer version did the exact same thing. So I then deleted my user folder, and copied the other from the working machine, reset the permissions and all is back to normal.

Anyone have any idea of what might have went wrong, so I might be able to avoid it in the future, or should I just blame it on random corruption and leave it at that?
There seems to be some weird DB corruption issue(s) on XBMC for iOS/ATV2 that the devs are looking into, and this might be related. Your backup from the other ATV2 might have simply corrected the issue because its DB wasn't corrupted.
Ok thanks Ned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question0