[Audio Feature Request] Volume Amplification
Its been discussed in another form before, and we were all awaiting the implementation of the new audio backend. But now i discovered this small feature can be implemented easily.

The goal: I would like to control the volume of my ATV2 through xbmc, even though we either use HDMI / Optical rather than on the amp. (In my case there isnt even a controlable amp involved since i use a DAC).
Now I discovered that Volume amplification DOES work in ATV2 (9 nov nightly).
This of course ends up the same as being volume control. Unfortuantely though it enables you to increase the volume but it doesnt enable you to decrease it to less than the standard output.
My request is twofold,

- Make it possible to give negative amplifaction values
- Change the amplification to volume control so that standard mapped keys that would control volume would now in fact controle the amplification.

Could this be done?
Its not meant to be used as a volume control, increase Volume amplification to the maximum level you will ever want to go do this while normal volume is at 0db then use normal volume from there on

0db on normal volume becomes the loudest you ever want to go normal listen will now be in negative values instead of 0db

Make sure you set it as the default for all movies when your done
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
It also uses dynamic compression, so it's not really turning the volume up (not past a certain threshold where the compression will kick in, that is).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Audio Feature Request] Volume Amplification0