Posters and Banners
Hey guys,
I feel like I am definitely missing something. I cannot for the life of me find out how to name images for TVShows. I want to have Banners and Posters for my TV shows. How do I go about naming them?

Thanks.
as far as xbmc is concerned, you can have only one type, banner or poster, not both.
filename should be folder.jpg

also see: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails

that being said, there may be some skins around that use certain workarounds to display bot banners and poster,
so ask around in the subforum of the skin you are using.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
well that sucks. I thought for sure there would be a way to have both. Seems like something really simple. Sad

Oh well, thanks anyways!
speedemonV12 Wrote:well that sucks. I thought for sure there would be a way to have both. Seems like something really simple. Sad

Oh well, thanks anyways!

Well maybe i 'll clarify it a bit:
Posters = poster.jpg
Banners = banner.jpg

folder.jpg can be either a Poster or a Banner. Do nox mix them. So stick with either a Poster or a Banner for folder.jpg

Most common is folder.jpg = Poster

The easiest is to download "Logo-Downloader" from the xbmc-repo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks, I have found that using AEON and having poster.jpg and banner.jpg works well. It recognizes the correct one for the view its displaying. thanks
one more quick question.

Is it more common for the movie poster to be named:

movie.tbn
or
folder.jpg
speedemonV12 Wrote:one more quick question.

Is it more common for the movie poster to be named:

movie.tbn
or
folder.jpg

From the wiki:
Quote:If content has been set to Movies, movie.tbn will override any other thumbs for media in that folder. In he following example "videofilename.avi" will now use the thumbnail "movie.tbn".

If i remember correctly folder.jpg is used to show the poster when browsing in filemode (not sure so don 't shoot me Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Posters and Banners0