SMB Share Issue
First, I love XBMC! I have been using it for about 3 years, started on the XBOX. Thanks for providing such a great product, and always improving it.

Now to my setup. I have 2 computers, 1 XBOX. Computer A is my media server, it is hooked to my tv, and is running Win7SP1 with all Windows updates. Computer B is running XBMC Live 10.1, with all updates. It is wireless streaming media from Computer A. My XBOX is an original XBOX with XBMC4XBOX installed. It is wired, streaming media from Computer A.

My issue. Randomly, Computer B and XBMC4XBOX will not play the media. They both get an error message about, they cannot find the file and question if I want to remove it from the library. At the same time, I can't play from XBMC, I can access it from a different computer running Win7. My workaround has been to restart Computer A and everything goes back to normal.

What would cause it to not work at random times and then once I restart Computer A it works again?

Thanks for any help that may be given!
chooch79 Wrote:First, I love XBMC! I have been using it for about 3 years, started on the XBOX. Thanks for providing such a great product, and always improving it.

Now to my setup. I have 2 computers, 1 XBOX. Computer A is my media server, it is hooked to my tv, and is running Win7SP1 with all Windows updates. Computer B is running XBMC Live 10.1, with all updates. It is wireless streaming media from Computer A. My XBOX is an original XBOX with XBMC4XBOX installed. It is wired, streaming media from Computer A.

My issue. Randomly, Computer B and XBMC4XBOX will not play the media. They both get an error message about, they cannot find the file and question if I want to remove it from the library. At the same time, I can't play from XBMC, I can access it from a different computer running Win7. My workaround has been to restart Computer A and everything goes back to normal.

What would cause it to not work at random times and then once I restart Computer A it works again?

Thanks for any help that may be given!

This could actually be a master browser issue on your network. Read this first (but maybe not - I would give it a try though):

http://scottiestech.info/2009/02/14/how-...workgroup/

I have a FileServer which I force to be the Master on my network, and have disabled all Windows 7 machines's homegroup creation capabilities. All other machines are fine - and the entire network is just a workgroup.

In your case, could the Master be switching between XBMC Live and the Win7 machine? Or maybe even another machine on your network that you are turning on and off now and then? I am not sure if XBMC Live is even able to become the Master.

Just a thought... I know Win7 homegroups have been a problem for a lot of people and can lead to disappearing and re-appearing network shares... Sorry I can't give you more info - at work right now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Share Issue0