confluence in linux - cannot edit Home.xml
hi,

i am trying to tweak my Home screen of Confluence skin, i have XBMC installed from live cd

i have found, that Confluence files are located in /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence folder

so i made changes in 720p/Home.xml files but i dont see any changes, i also tried delete Home.xml file but XBMC normally started, so it seems that these files aren't used by XBMC

any ides how to edit Confluence skin?

thanks a lot
You have to be root in order to save changes

try sudo in front of your command for texteditor...
Or use a second machine, change home.xml and sftp it over to your htpc

mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:You have to be root in order to save changes

try sudo in front of your command for texteditor...
Or use a second machine, change home.xml and sftp it over to your htpc

mm

i used sudo and i am sure, that file's changes were saved
marwinux Wrote:i used sudo and i am sure, that file's changes were saved

you reloaded the skin?
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:you reloaded the skin?

i set another skin, than set back confluence, also rebooted after that but still without success, no changes to skin
marwinux Wrote:i set another skin, than set back confluence, also rebooted after that but still without success, no changes to skin

now i know, that if i edit skin located in /.xbmc/addons in my home directory , it works, i see changes in skin

but mystery "why i cannot change default confluence skin in usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence" is still thereSmile
marwinux Wrote:now i know, that if i edit skin located in /.xbmc/addons in my home directory , it works, i see changes in skin

but mystery "why i cannot change default confluence skin in usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence" is still thereSmile

OMG! i've got it! i backed up skin.confluence directory to XXXskin.confluence directory and theme was loaded from this location, i have stolen min. 4 hours of my lifeSmile

solved

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
confluence in linux - cannot edit Home.xml0