Fanart on Info Screen
I'm moving this question here as I'm not sure if it's something specific to the Simplicity skin I'm using.

Does anybody know if it's possible to have the appropriate movie fanart display in the background of the info screen for that particular movie?

Basically, I'm just trying to figure out which XML file is called when opening the info screen for movies. Once in there, I'm certain I could probably figure out the rest.
DialogVideoInfo.xml
You are a legend.
I don't suppose you happen to know what to configure there in order to get this to work?
It'd save me a few hours of looking around.

In fact, any idea what file it uses when going through your video library itself? I can just steal the background fanart code from there, I'm guessing.
Okay, I figured it out by disabling the following bit of code near the top of DialogVideoInfo.xml:

Code:
<!--<texture>simplicity/background-solid.png</texture>-->

and adding the following instead.

Code:
<texture fallback="nothumb.png">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>

However, I'm now trying to figure out how to dim/fade it so that it's not as bright as the actual picture is by default. (Kinda the same way it looks in the background when browsing your library.)

I've tried adding the following bit after "<texture " but it doesn't seem to have made a difference:

Code:
diffuse="simplicity/fanart-slide-fanart-diffuse.png"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart on Info Screen0