ATV2: Skin Stuck and Can't Do Anything
Completely at a loss.

Decided to try this skin and now I'm stuck on the home screen.

Nothing I do seems to effect this. I know my remote's working (I can call up the fav list), however none of the rest of thebuttons work (except exit).

So basically: I'm stuck and my 'hockey puck' is useless. I really wish devs would beta test their skins a little better before releasing them. This marks the second time I've run into some kind of 'show stopper' because of poor coding.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Much thanks.
tril
Great to see that uninstalling XBMC does absolutely NOTHING to resolve the problem.

Now I'm offically dead-in-the-water. This is not only incredibly frustrating, but who writes code in the 21st century that contains no 'escape' mechanism?

Seriously XMBC team: you need to stop working on all these bells-and-whistles and devote a little dev time fixing this.

tril
Never mind, resolved myself:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...SkinChange

For anyone else screwed by a bad skin,
tril
trilidar Wrote:I really wish devs would beta test their skins a little better before releasing them. This marks the second time I've run into some kind of 'show stopper' because of poor coding.
I really wish you would read up before installing unstable software...
(2011-11-14, 08:34)trilidar Wrote: Never mind, resolved myself:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...SkinChange

For anyone else screwed by a bad skin,
tril

Thanks a lot Smile solve my problem
I followed the link on wiki and input it into my ssh but it doesn't seem to be working.. I'm stuck in the touched skin as well on my apple tv with Kodi v14. Is there any other way to change my skin through cyber duck or maybe the ssh? or a way to revert Kodi back to the original settings? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still has the same touched skin..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2: Skin Stuck and Can't Do Anything0