Reasons for Buffering - Zotac ZBOX
Hi,
I have been using a ZOTAC ZBOX HD-ID11 with a 40GB Intel X25-V SSD hard Drive and 2GB of DDR2 PC2-6400 RAM for Streaming my 1080p movies to my TV. The Zotac ZBOX is connected via Ethernet and Devolo Power-LAN AVplus 200Mbps to my Qnap 419p NAS.

The moment I set up this configuration everything worked perfectly fine. Even my 20GB 1080p Movies streamed perfectly via xbmc on my zbox to the TV without any Buffering messages.

However, since 1 months, I frequently encounter a Buffering message while watching a 1080p or while watching a 720p TV Series such as The Big Bang Theory. When watching the big bang theory, Buffering often only occurs when the Theme is playing.

Now I am bit frustrated as I cannot find the reason for this sudden Buffering Behaviour.

Is is my Bandwidth?
Is it my ZBOX? (it worked several months without any hickups)
Is it my QNAP?

I would appreciate any feedback on this from you side so that I can start fixing the issue.

Thanks in advance.
k
Were you impacted by the October Blizzard of 2011 by chance? Wondering if maybe Generator power (which isn't very clean) or power surges may have horked your power-lan setup...

Just a thought if nothing else changed. I lost a few GFI outlets over the past couple months (Irene and Alfred) which is somewhat odd.
hi,
as I am living in Germany, I was not affected by Blizzards or other natural phenomenons Wink.

I used this setup successfully since October 2010. This Buffering issue however started approx. a month ago...

Could it be a hardware issue, i.e. damaged graphics card? Or rather bandwidth?
I have the same setup minus the adaptors... ZBOX ID11,SSD, 2GB RAM running OpenElec... its connected via Cat5 at 100Mbps to my router as is my Windows Home Server, absolutely no issues with 720 or 1080 in any format

Try running a long length of Cat5 and get the power adaptors out of the scenario for testing?

Maybe your neighbour has also got power adapters and your getting interference - they are of course using a wireless signal over your ring main.

Although they quote 200Mbps - I doubt its anywhere near that and probably half duplex too....
Hi Geeba,
you are right about the quoted 200Mps, aber it was sufficient for a long time.

I also thought about running the CAT5 Test scenario, but I wanted to know whether there are other test scenarios as well. I will try a direct connection between my qnap and zbox and hopefully rule out/in bandwidth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reasons for Buffering - Zotac ZBOX0