• 7(current)
[LINUX] xbmc server: possible quick implementation?
(2012-04-19, 14:32)Odon Wrote: I should give it a look, but it is pretty low.

My Linux VM which hosts the XBMC server also hosts:
- SickBeard
- CouchPotato
- HeadPhone
- few other services

ESXi give a mean CPU usage of less than 100MHz (from one i5-2400 core)

Without server implementation (with desktop added to VM), i was nearly at 100% usage on the single vCPU.

About the same config on Windows. Runs fine after my Sleep(1) fix. CPU is around 0.05 % idle. So very nice for now. I hope this feature will be included in the main XBMC. For our setups this is really really a must have!
(2012-04-18, 22:25)Basje Wrote: Has Sleep(1) without the capital S. Changed it to the code above and now it compiles.

I do wonder what the easiest way is to configure this? The sources and mysql DB should not be an issue via sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml but the scraper settings (TVDB, TMDB (specifically the 'Get rarting from IMDB')). I guess I can configure it on a normal XBMC and then copy the profile?

good catch, i guess it compiles on linux because of the existence of sleep() ! added the code to git

also the way i set it up, it do it all on a head-ed system and then move those configrations to a headless. or you can simply copy the guisettings.xml over to the headless's userdata folder it will do the samething.
(2012-04-19, 14:32)Odon Wrote: I should give it a look, but it is pretty low.

My Linux VM which hosts the XBMC server also hosts:
- SickBeard
- CouchPotato
- HeadPhone
- few other services

ESXi give a mean CPU usage of less than 100MHz (from one i5-2400 core)

Without server implementation (with desktop added to VM), i was nearly at 100% usage on the single vCPU.

the Library/AutoUpdate is moot if you are using CouchPotato SickBeard or Headphone then set them to notify this instance of XBMC that way you need to be running needless polls.

this will fire an update, you can add to a cron or whatever

Code:
/usr/bin/curl --get "http://xbmc:xbmc@XBMCHOST:XBMCPORT/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=UpdateLibrary(video)"

also if you want other xbmc's to refresh their home screens you can run this

Code:
/usr/bin/curl --get "http://xbmc:xbmc@XBMCHOST:PORT/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=ReplaceWindow(10000)"

this will reload the home screen updating the recently added movies. I put this in under /etc/pm/sleep.d/ so that it will get called when the computer wakes up from sleep.

(2012-04-20, 04:03)vajonam Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 22:25)Basje Wrote: Has Sleep(1) without the capital S. Changed it to the code above and now it compiles.

I do wonder what the easiest way is to configure this? The sources and mysql DB should not be an issue via sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml but the scraper settings (TVDB, TMDB (specifically the 'Get rarting from IMDB')). I guess I can configure it on a normal XBMC and then copy the profile?

good catch, i guess it compiles on linux because of the existence of sleep() ! added the code to git

also the way i set it up, it do it all on a head-ed system and then move those configrations to a headless. or you can simply copy the guisettings.xml over to the headless's userdata folder it will do the samething.

Are there any plans on keeping this source up to date with the XBMC repo?
Quote:Are there any plans on keeping this source up to date with the XBMC repo?

well this all depends on if this will be accepted into the mainline, its easy enough to merge this into master and then post a pull request. one of the dev's commented on this being a poor-mans solution, maybe other devs can comment if this feature would even be considered?
(2012-04-18, 22:25)Basje Wrote: I do wonder what the easiest way is to configure this? The sources and mysql DB should not be an issue via sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml but the scraper settings (TVDB, TMDB (specifically the 'Get rarting from IMDB')). I guess I can configure it on a normal XBMC and then copy the profile?

I played with this server a while ago, but could never figure out spesifically which files needed copying. I could set the sources, gui settings and advanced settings, but could never get the scrappers to work properly. Is there any chance someone could provide a walkthrough for setting it all up and maybe an auto start script for ubuntu? Big Grin
(2012-04-20, 09:51)Basje Wrote: Are there any plans on keeping this source up to date with the XBMC repo?

here is pull request to get it into master ! will see how it goes.. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/890
(2012-04-20, 14:33)Targettio Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 22:25)Basje Wrote: I do wonder what the easiest way is to configure this? The sources and mysql DB should not be an issue via sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml but the scraper settings (TVDB, TMDB (specifically the 'Get rarting from IMDB')). I guess I can configure it on a normal XBMC and then copy the profile?

I played with this server a while ago, but could never figure out spesifically which files needed copying. I could set the sources, gui settings and advanced settings, but could never get the scrappers to work properly. Is there any chance someone could provide a walkthrough for setting it all up and maybe an auto start script for ubuntu? Big Grin

dont think this is the right forum the help subject, please open another topic on one of the help forums and I will be happy to provide some instructions.
what exactly does this server compile do?? Are there going to be xbmc clients to install so that all the clients get the info from the server and make all the data centralized?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-04-20, 16:13)rflores2323 Wrote: what exactly does this server compile do?? Are there going to be xbmc clients to install so that all the clients get the info from the server and make all the data centralized?

No, at this point it's just XBMC without a user interface. I myself use it to allow Sickbeard and so to notify this XBMC and it then updates my MySQL database.
it allows a light weight xbmc to be always running on the network allowing internet pvrs like sickbeard to keep the db upto date without require an update to xbmc everytime.
Is there any easy way to disable the playback functions over JSON-RPC while still allowing it to serve up library info and other non-playback functions (like library updates)? I'm using this as the primary backend for Maraschino so I can browse my library and if I accidentally start a video from there it will crash the server instance.
I just created an Add-on that automatically does a backup of your video and/or music database on specific times. Anyone interested?
Hi All.

As a long time lurker, I've followed this thread with interest as this is a function I've been waiting for.Tried to compile from git://github.com/vajonam/xbmc.git. Compile goes ok with no errors, however when I try and run the xbmc app with --server --no-test Im still getting a failure to start as it is still looking for x display

Am I missing something?

any help greatly appreciated.
output: http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=r1KwZAeH
i can't really tell without the code being in context. but to me it looks like a poor man's solution.

i assume you cloned the code using git. to obtain the patch, all you have to do then is 'git diff > patchfile' ImageImageImageImageImage
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] xbmc server: possible quick implementation?1