Force addon list update?
Hi , i would like to know, how can i force xbmc to update which plugins are installed?

For example, if I copy directory of new plugin while xbmc is running, I can't see it in addon manager. I have to restart xbmc to see the new plugin. Can this update be done, without restarting xbmc? What python command can i use?

tnx,
dahool
yes, you can refresh from the context menu or you can send the UpdateLocalAddons builtin.
Hi, tnx for the quick reply. Is the whole command like this:
xbmc.executebuiltin( 'UpdateLocalAddons' ), becausei can't get it to work. Any ideas?
it's only in fairly recent eden-pre builds, 3 months maybe.
There is no other way to do it from within the python script , if u have a dharma build? Ok, tnx very much.
Hi, I found a work around for this, which was to call another script from the menu directly:

Settings.xml from within your skin folder points with this entry:

PHP Code:
<item id="11" description="Picture Viewer">
            <
label>Picture Viewer</label>
            <
onclick>RunScript(&quot;script.mypictureplugin.launcher&quot;)</onclick

Then the script launches the default.py script from within a plugin I created just for this purpose alone, on first run it forces a refresh of the list items.

PHP Code:
import xbmcgui
import xbmc

xbmc
.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(pictures,plugin://script.mypictureplugin.plugin)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.Refresh'

Or moresimply from within Settings.xml

PHP Code:
<item id="12" description="Picture Viewer">
            <
label>Picture Viewer</label>
            <
onclick>ActivateWindow(pictures,plugin://script.mypictureplugin.plugin)</onclick>

<onclick>Container.Refresh</onclick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force addon list update?0