Playlist help PLZ! (Trying to have 2 movie sections)
Using Aeon MQ3. I need some playlist help...or a better way of doing this if anyone has one.

I want 2 movie categories. 'Kids Movies' and 'Movies'.

I want 'Kids Movies' to only be all my kids movies and I want 'Movies' to be everything else except the kids movies.

What I did was go through every kids movie and used the 'Children' genre tag. I then made a smart playlist called 'Kids Movies' where the genre had to include 'children'. I then made a 'movies' smart playlist where the genre must NOT contain 'children'.

This worked except for a couple things:
1. Whenever I add new movies to my library, the playlists do not get updated. I don't want to recreate the playlist every time I add more movies.

2. When browsing through the movies via the playlist any movie title that begins with 'The' is sorted in the T's as opposed to the next word (which is how they are sorted in the regular (non-playlist) 'Movies' section of XBMC.)

Any suggestions or help are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Bill
I have a similar scenario where I have a bunch of "Home Videos" I place all of those videos in its own folder and then Add new source to xbmc to that folder.

I have TV Shows folder - all TV Shows are
Movie Folder - All Movies are
Home Movies - All Home Movies are (in your case label it Kids Videos)

Would that work for you?
Yes, but how do I do that? When the content is added to the library it is added as a Movie. I don't see any way of changing that to home video or kids movies or anything like that.

Or are you not using the library? Just folder browsing?

Bill
Just create 2 smartplaylists:

1. Rule "genre is" Kids (assuming you have your home videos tagged as Kids Genre)
2. Rule "genre is not" Kids for your non Kids Movies

Assign them to the home screen. Now hide "Movies" Item in skin settings and you're fine.
butchabay Wrote:Just create 2 smartplaylists:

1. Rule "genre is" Kids (assuming you have your home videos tagged as Kids Genre)
2. Rule "genre is not" Kids for your non Kids Movies

Assign them to the home screen. Now hide "Movies" Item in skin settings and you're fine.

That was my original plan, but every time I updated the library to scan for new movies the playlists were not updated. Should they automatically show the movies that were added to the library after the playlist was made?

Also....the one other thing I did not like with Playlists was that movies like 'The Green Hornet' would be sorted with the T's instead of the G's. Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks!
Bill
bill55 Wrote:That was my original plan, but every time I updated the library to scan for new movies the playlists were not updated. Should they automatically show the movies that were added to the library after the playlist was made?

Also....the one other thing I did not like with Playlists was that movies like 'The Green Hornet' would be sorted with the T's instead of the G's. Is there any way to fix that?

Thanks!
Bill

Smart playlists should automaticly update yes.

In XBMC settings you can disable sorting names with 'the' so it will show under G
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Smart playlists should automaticly update yes.

In XBMC settings you can disable sorting names with 'the' so it will show under G

Strange why they weren't. I'll recreate them and try again.

In the normal XBMC 'Movies' section the titles are sorted correctly (Not under T for movies that start with 'The'.) In the playlists they are sorted under T though. Is there a different setting for playlists than the normal movie section?

Thanks!
bill55 Wrote:Yes, but how do I do that? When the content is added to the library it is added as a Movie. I don't see any way of changing that to home video or kids movies or anything like that.

Or are you not using the library? Just folder browsing?

Bill

Yea sorry your right on this- i was just folder browsing with home movies ... my option would not work for "kids movies" - home movies do not have any thumb nails / fan art etc ...
i had a similar problem. i have movies seperated in 3 regions, and didn't want them to be all mixed up. i have three seperate folders (on a nas) for them and each is a seperate source for xbmc. i made three smart playlists, each of them with a 'must contain' + 'path' and then use the pathname of the source. then i disabled/deactivated the movies group in the skin options and created a new one also called movies and pointed it to one of the playlists. you can do that for each playlist for which you want a seperate home group. or, what i did was make the other smart playlists selectable from the drop down menu under the new group i made.
noromamai Wrote:i had a similar problem. i have movies seperated in 3 regions, and didn't want them to be all mixed up. i have three seperate folders (on a nas) for them and each is a seperate source for xbmc. i made three smart playlists, each of them with a 'must contain' + 'path' and then use the pathname of the source. then i disabled/deactivated the movies group in the skin options and created a new one also called movies and pointed it to one of the playlists. you can do that for each playlist for which you want a seperate home group. or, what i did was make the other smart playlists selectable from the drop down menu under the new group i made.

I want something like that for my 3d movies, don't need them in the regular movie library. But with this method won't you loose the recently added widget or does that still work then?
um.... yes you do.... i am new to xbmc and so i hadn't really noticed yet. but indeed, no recently added anymore (just booted my c64 and checked). perhaps a functionality that marcos can add to the skin.
this is one of the things i prefer MC7+Media Browser there you got the option to make your own custom menu's with there own entry points.
so seperate kids movies and series (diego, dora) and movies and TV-Series.
i really wish this option would be able in XBMC.
it feels and looks so smoother then MC7+MB
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist help PLZ! (Trying to have 2 movie sections)0