Movies and Scrapers (Please help...the scrapers are messing things up)
So I have all of my movies organized and setup the way I want on my windows 7 box. Everything works pretty well on my aTV2 but the thing is I use Media Center Master to download all of my art work and movie details (nfo, folder.jpg, etc...)

My question is, how can I make it so that I can add my movies to XMBC AS Movies without scrapers doing anything? I don't need scrapers to do anything....in fact, more times than not they cause more havoc than they help. Lately with themoviedb and the connection problems, IMDB just straight up scraping the wrong movie....all of this of course is unnecessary because I already have everything downloaded and ready to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
plhnt Wrote:So I have all of my movies organized and setup the way I want on my windows 7 box. Everything works pretty well on my aTV2 but the thing is I use Media Center Master to download all of my art work and movie details (nfo, folder.jpg, etc...)

My question is, how can I make it so that I can add my movies to XBMC AS Movies without scrapers doing anything? I don't need scrapers to do anything....in fact, more times than not they cause more havoc than they help. Lately with themoviedb and the connection problems, IMDB just straight up scraping the wrong movie....all of this of course is unnecessary because I already have everything downloaded and ready to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In Files view, highlight the source containing your films, hold and press the Menu button, choose Change content, change it from Movies to Nothing where it asks what the source contains. You're done.
hafr Wrote:In Files view, highlight the source containing your films, hold and press the Menu button, choose Change content, change it from Movies to Nothing where it asks what the source contains. You're done.

I will try this but will they still show up under the "Movies" section?
This may help.

http://lifehacker.com/5505849/how-to-whi...-and-boxee

If I am not mistaken as long as the directory has a nfo file it will not scrape new info.
Sindawi Wrote:This may help.

http://lifehacker.com/5505849/how-to-whi...-and-boxee

If I am not mistaken as long as the directory has a nfo file it will not scrape new info.

Thanks for the link. So I dont use Media Companion but rather Media Center Master. I won't get to into how I rename my folders or get the art work and files, etc... but in fact I DO have all the appropriate files associated with each movie (backdrop.jpg, movie.nfo, folder.jpg) prior to XBMC doing a thing.

Now this is the meat of the question. When I select IMDB as the scraper, even though ALL the files are there (Above) the scraper STILL seems to go off on it's own and start changing things around. A quick example is Avatar. Even though I have all the fanart, the nfo is setup perfectly with all the details, what is displayed in XBMC is "Avatar 2" and some other content completelyHuh?? Almost as though it ignored all of the files in my "Avatar (2009)" folder.

Now with themovieDB things are a little bit better and it seems like there are less issues like I described above with Avatar and IMDB, but it STILL seems as though there is scraping going on when there should be absolutely NONE. 0, nothing. Its all there for XBMC. Adding new content to my library should take 10 minutes tops but each movie seems to take 10-15 seconds instead of just adding it to the library and using the info I have already downloaded.

Anyways, it's very frustrating at times. I wish there was a way to set a folder as a "Movie" type and tell XBMC to not scrape AT ALL. Just use the data there. I know some people have posted that if the .nfo file is there then it proceeds all scraping data but this just not seem to be the case. As I explained above, Avatar = Avatar 2 for some reason with IMDB while all the nfo details has all the information for Avatar even with the imdb# in the nfo.

Hope more info helps but I am really frustrated trying to get my library setup and with 500+ movies, from standard definition to 1080, it is just very time consuming when I have already done the heavy lifting with Media Center Master.
What I did was I added everything, then I went through everything in Files-mode. Every film that didn't get scraped or got the wrong info, I changed in XBMC. Just press and hold the OK button (the button in the middle of the circle, whatever it's called). If it's a film with no info, it will go straight to search-mode, and if it's a film with the wrong info just choose the Refresh option.

Now, when I add films, I've made a habit out of going in to file mode and checking so that everything's in order. A bit of a hassle, but it doesn't take long and I really don't have the energy to find a new way of doing it Smile Then again, it's not very often that themovieDB gets it wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies and Scrapers (Please help...the scrapers are messing things up)1