• 129(current)
Artwork Downloader
We have already make a fork of Artwork Downloader to include Media-Passion as a provider :

http://passion-xbmc.org/scraper-media-pa...a-passion/

Martijn was not OK for adding our scraper in official Artwork Downloader addon because our scraper is not free and it concerne only french speaking people.

Unfortunately, we have to temporary remove scraping from Media-Passion because we thought that queries were not optimized and generate a lot of web trafic on our web and database server.

After several tests, we found that Artwork Downloader Media Passion was not guilty, I just have to find time to reactivate Media Passion scraper by releasing a new release on our repository (I hope during next week).
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
I hate to ask this because I'm so far behind everybody on this thread, but I'm a bit confused by Artwork Downloader. I've read the wiki entry twice, read the first 20 pages and the last 10 pages of this thread all the way through, and still don't get it.

I use a media manager to download metadata and artwork. So I thought I would not need Artwork Downloader. Eventually I realized XBMC was using my posters, fanarts and extrafanarts, but not the other types. That's odd. Then I learned that Artwork Downloader would be necessary to introduce the other artwork to XBMC.

So how should I set it if I don't want it to download anything, but simply get the art I already have into XBMC?

Obviously Advanced > Use local files should be on. But does that mean:
  • Use only local files, don't ever download any new ones; or
  • Use local files if present, but download anything that is missing locally

And what about Movies > Enable downloading? I don't want to download anything, so should everything be turned off here? Or does it have to be on in order to get local artwork of that type into XBMC?
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2014-04-23, 22:19)Glorious1 Wrote: I hate to ask this because I'm so far behind everybody on this thread, but I'm a bit confused by Artwork Downloader. I've read the wiki entry twice, read the first 20 pages and the last 10 pages of this thread all the way through, and still don't get it.

I use a media manager to download metadata and artwork. So I thought I would not need Artwork Downloader. Eventually I realized XBMC was using my posters, fanarts and extrafanarts, but not the other types. That's odd. Then I learned that Artwork Downloader would be necessary to introduce the other artwork to XBMC.

So how should I set it if I don't want it to download anything, but simply get the art I already have into XBMC?

And what about Movies > Enable downloading? I don't want to download anything, so should everything be turned off here? Or does it have to be on in order to get local artwork of that type into XBMC?

Use local files will preserve the files u already have (assuming they're properly named), and only download the ones u don't have, if they exist in Fanart.tv

U can as well, specify what types of art u want to download if they exist in fanart.tv, marking them, or just don't mark anything u don't want to download.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2014-04-23, 22:19)Glorious1 Wrote: So how should I set it if I don't want it to download anything, but simply get the art I already have into XBMC?

You can't, as things currently stand. The "use local files" toggle is a problem because it means "Use local artwork if files already exist, and create local files when they don't" so when you ONLY want to read local files and not download anything you can't use AD.

Likewise if you don't want to associate your movies with remote artwork - which is what will happen if "Use local files" is left disabled - then again AD is not an option for you.

The only solution I'm aware of is in my sig, use texturecache.py and mklocal.py to associate non-standard local artwork.

(2014-04-23, 22:19)Glorious1 Wrote: And what about Movies > Enable downloading? I don't want to download anything, so should everything be turned off here? Or does it have to be on in order to get local artwork of that type into XBMC?

It has to be on. What you want can't be achieved with the current version of AD, hopefully future versions will add more flexibility.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-04-23, 22:38)MilhouseVH Wrote: It has to be on. What you want can't be achieved with the current version of AD, hopefully future versions will add more flexibility.

I also have problems with having to use something I would not really need when all my artwork is already there but not recognized.

+ one on this. The problem is that we don't get much news or info on any further versions neither in which directions the author is planning to go, add or change anything. The only answers we've got for now is "I might add this or change that"..etc. Example: It would be nice to get clear answers if and when prefixes would be compatible with this add-on. BTW should we call it an addon or a part of xbmc?
Im waiting since the beginning of AD for this feature to come. ...but hope dies last ...

What you can try / i do atm: disable everything in AD what you dont need because you grabbed it allready n xbmc is recognizing it (thumbs, poster, fanarts, extrafanarts) and everything you dont want (in my case ex. Banner).
So just enable disc, logo n clearart. And enable use local files. Then ad uses your existing ones and only downloads them if they dont exist on your system (in my case a few ones that are not aviable in my native language).
But dont enable extrafanarts! When you do ad is ALWAYS downloading because of the filenames (ad doesnt name them fanart1, fanart2 - fanartX but gives them nummerous names).

Maybe with gotham that feature comes because with gotham the ybmc team introduced nfo only scrappers. Lets pray!

Btw which manager you using? I use ember media manager (has just a few features missing). Also i wanna try mediaelch soon.
Thanks MillhouseVH for the clear answer. Not what I wanted to hear, but I get it. The script in your signature looks powerful, but at the moment I'm in software overload and can't really climb the learning curve.

Thanks also to Grinsekatze for the good advice on the best way to use AD in this situation. I will do that. In answer to your question, I'm using ViMediaManager (Mac only). It does everything I want.

But it seems logically, it should not be up to Artwork Downloader to provide this feature - getting local artwork into XBMC. If XBMC could import all the types of artwork that are found locally and properly named, including discart, logo, clearart, and banner, that would be wonderful. Then Artwork Downloader could focus on its raison d'être, downloading artwork.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
Hi!

I absolutely love this addon and I think it is one of the better things to have happened to XBMC.

I just have two issues with AD :

1) Fanart.tv has recently launched it's Season Poster section (finally hq pictures), yet these don't seem to appear in AD. Is this going to be fixed or is it an issue on my side?

2) I've read the first post and I know file-naming is still subject to change but if I want to assign season posters manually (because I don't want AD to download everything all over again; just fix some season posters that are now available), how should I name my files. To be precise, do I add a leading "0" or not? I've exported my library recently and then downloaded the posters again (because XBMC for some strange reason did not import them...) so I don't know which is the "correct" naming convention.

Thanks in advance!
(2014-04-08, 17:16)djhifi Wrote: ey, when i click to search for discart in Artwork Downloader, i notice lots of movies, altough having disc art, it does not get downloaded, which means I have to individually do so.
This is boring given i have 2000+ movies.

Is there a simple reason for this?
Some get downloaded, others don't.

Maybe because it's disc art for DVD and the videos are in mkv?

I changed language, rating...nothing helps!

It's driving me nuts

PS: Also, in the solo mode i'm having troubles like the user above me

BUMP!
I posted this in the Aeon forum but perhaps it's more appropriate here:

I have a fresh install of XBMCBuntu and just loaded up the MQ5 skin on Gotham RC1. I've been using AQ5 on my other HTPC, so I'd already downloaded all the fanart for the view I like, and all that. But when I go into those same views on this HTPC, the clearart/posters/logos only show up for a few of my TV shows, not nearly all of them. I can set them manually through the contextual menu, but it'd be a total pain having to go through each kind of art for every show. Running the artwork downloader does NOT help for some reason. When I look at the corresponding folders on my source NAS, all the art is there. What gives!?

Thanks!
Why the ArtworkDownloader does not use the same filenames as the XBMC export if "recognize local files" is activated?
The correct file name would be:

Single movie in separate folder:
.\Avatar\Avatar.mkv
.\Avatar\Avatar-poster.jpg
.\Avatar\Avatar-fanart.jpg
.\Avatar\Avatar-banner.jpg (not officially supported, but the only useful variant)
.\Avatar\landscape.jpg
.\Avatar\logo.png
.\Avatar\clearart.png
.\Avatar\disc.png

Multi-disc movie in separate folder:
.\Avatar\Avatar DVD1.mkv
.\Avatar\Avatar DVD2.mkv
.\Avatar\Avatar-poster.jpg
.\Avatar\Avatar-fanart.jpg
.\Avatar\Avatar-banner.jpg (not officially supported, but the only useful variant)
.\Avatar\landscape.jpg
.\Avatar\logo.png
.\Avatar\clearart.png
.\Avatar\disc.png

VIDEO_TS or BDMV folder in separate movie folder:
.\Avatar\VIDEO_TS\* OR .\Avatar\BDMV\*
.\Avatar\poster.jpg
.\Avatar\fanart.jpg
.\Avatar\banner.jpg
.\Avatar\landscape.jpg
.\Avatar\logo.png
.\Avatar\clearart.png
.\Avatar\disc.png

VIDEO_TS files without VIDEO_TS folder:
.\Avatar\VIDEO_TS.IFO
.\Avatar\poster.jpg
.\Avatar\fanart.jpg
.\Avatar\banner.jpg
.\Avatar\landscape.jpg
.\Avatar\logo.png
.\Avatar\clearart.png
.\Avatar\disc.png

In addition, a setting would be useful which protects VIDEO_TS and BDMV directory structures if local files is activated. This means that no images and folders within the VIDEO_TS and BDMV folders are stored (concerns .actors, extrathumbs and extrafanarts).
why didn't XBMC follow the convention that AD has used for years is the better question.

I added this a year before XBMC ever used those files.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@thebluepotato

1) working on my side
2) xbmc do exports with leading space, AD download and save them w/o ...

@djhifi

it depends on how the file name is labeled? If BDRIP then will never get a dvd disc and on the other side if DVDRIP then it will never get a bluray disc.
same for language, if german in filename then it will never get a available dvd disc tagged for english or pther than german.

It's all about naming / tagging ...

(2014-04-26, 20:51)djhifi Wrote: Some get downloaded, others don't.

Maybe because it's disc art for DVD and the videos are in mkv?
(2014-05-04, 10:08)Martijn Wrote: why didn't XBMC follow the convention that AD has used for years is the better question.

I added this a year before XBMC ever used those files.

I know what you mean.
But the fact is that your naming is not unique. Therefore, the Artwork Downloader does not work if one does not use separate movie folders.

But what is definitely wrong are the names for posters and fanart. XBMC used to be a very long time "<moviename>-fanart.jpg" and "<moviename>-poster.jpg" (befor <moviename>.jpg) as export name.
You see here a way to change the names? Or a setting to switch between the current name and XBMC export settings?

At the moment AdvancedDownloader always generates duplicate files for posters and fanarts. That's not nice.

I think sometime XBMC will also support all other image types. Probably then the name will be the same as for posters and fanart:
<moviename>-disc.png
<moviename>-landscape.jpg
This will change for my Gotham release. It's already implemented but not tested.
So it will ask if it should rename all current files and update database accordingly and from then on only download in the "xbmc format".
It should also skip online searching better.

Since i'll be going to LinuxTag i won't have time for early release.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18