• 132(current)
Artwork Downloader
Hmmm, I couldn't uninstall it from within XBMC because I was getting a message something like "this add-on is needed by your skin and cannot be uninstalled".

So I switched to Confluence but got the same message.

I exited XBMC and deleted the scipt.artworkdownloader folder from my addons folder and restarted XBMC and confirmed it was gone.

But now when I try to install from repo nothing happens. It won't install, it seems to try. Where can I get the zip file without using GIT?

thank you for your help.

EDIT:

It seems to briefly flash on the screen while trying to download that it is "incompatible"

EDIT 2:

Got it sorted. Figured out I could manually grab add ons from the site. The problem is no longer there and I can download artwork again. Sorry for your time wasted!

Cheers
(2014-05-20, 10:10)MilhouseVH Wrote: It wouldn't be difficult to write a script that walks your source directories comparing every file against the contents of your media library, and remove any file that isn't present in the media library. You can dump your media library using the aforementioned script (jd movies/jd tvshows/jd songs). You can even get a list of files in your source directories with "rdirectory <path>". Then compare the results. You do of course run the risk of deleting a file you wanted to keep, it all depends what else you have stashed alongside your sources.
Thanks. I know that it's easy to write a script, but that's why I came here first to see if anyone already did... no point in repeating what someone else already did.
Quick question: For some reason my Artwork Downloader has stopped creating extra fanart/thumbs folders. It used to create these for every movie but nowadays it'll just say "X amount of files downloaded" and then there are no folders to browse through.

What gives?
Artwork downloader never find any artwork when I am on a movie info screen. Even with no limitation.

In the last version, I can not launch it from the extension menu.

The only artworks found by AD are those who are in the movie foler.

I don't understand why it does not work, but I have to go myself on the internet to download artworks, rename them, then found them with AD. I have thousands movies and this is really boring.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks

I'm running win8 x64, xbmc gotham and skin arctic.
Sorry if this has been answered before I have read the wiki first, is it possible for this add-on to automatically download artwork for newly added items rather than doing it manually. AFAIK you can only do it manually in bulk mode or individually?
(2014-05-25, 09:31)cas398 Wrote: Sorry if this has been answered before I have read the wiki first, is it possible for this add-on to automatically download artwork for newly added items rather than doing it manually. AFAIK you can only do it manually in bulk mode or individually?
nope. there's no such detection added
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I've just noticed that the way that AD currently lists artwork, as soon as an artwork's vote count goes above 9, it is superseded by everything that is voted 9 and below.

For example, if there are two logos available on fanart.tv, one rated 2 and one rated 19, AD will download the lowered rated design.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-05-25, 14:28)Samu-rai Wrote: Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I've just noticed that the way that AD currently lists artwork, as soon as an artwork's vote count goes above 9, it is superseded by everything that is voted 9 and below.

For example, if there are two logos available on fanart.tv, one rated 2 and one rated 19, AD will download the lowered rated design.

Nope, never heard of that. Think i can fix that easy. Need to test.
Only for fanart.tv right?

Edit: update published
Thanks dude! I'll check it out.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-05-25, 17:25)Samu-rai Wrote: Thanks dude! I'll check it out.
will take some time before it will update.

tried it myself and it now shows one with 10 above one with less. in manual mode so should work for auto as well
(2014-05-25, 10:05)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-05-25, 09:31)cas398 Wrote: Sorry if this has been answered before I have read the wiki first, is it possible for this add-on to automatically download artwork for newly added items rather than doing it manually. AFAIK you can only do it manually in bulk mode or individually?
nope. there's no such detection added

Ok thanks anyway, and thanks for the good add-on
Hy,

under MAC, this add-on doesn't work...

When I launch XBMC or when I launch the add-on by the extension menu, I have an error message "Error Script Failed! : Artwork Downloader"

I using XBMC 13.0 Git:20140505-f42f5b5(Compiled : May 4 2014), Artwork Downloader 12.0.27 and Skin Quartz 4.5.2

I put here a log XBMC : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=213310

How I can fix this issue ?

Rgds
Akhlan
How did you install?
You are missing some modules.
(it's also not a Debug Log)

edit:
nevermind. fix coming up in few hours.
I have installed Artwork Downloader with the zip archive donwloaded from the git

new log...
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=213580

I wanted install Simplejson, but this module isn't compatible with Gotham yet...
Hi there,

I've got a problem of artwork downloader mixing up the thumbnails, DVD sticker and logos when the movies are in the same folder.
I can't really put them in separate folders because of the way I download them.

Is there any work around or any chance you can modify the script to name the thumbs according the movie they belong to?

Love the plugin by the way. Well done dev!
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18