• 53(current)
Artwork Downloader
couple of observations:
Downloaded season banners for Simpsons today. Picked them all up except Season 1. Other shows worked just fine.

MusicVideos are kinda quirky.
Testing with 2 titles: Eagles- Hell Freezes Over and Nine Inch Nails- And All That Could Have Been.
Tried them with and without a root 'Artist' folder. Also tried them as Movies when MusicVideos would return nothing.
I eventually got the fanart but it took some manipulation. Not a big deal but the process definately had to be massaged rather than just click and go.

And a last question.... I saw where you stated earlier that where all images are downloaded to is pre-defined for a reason.
But, wouldn't it make a bit of sense to be able to determine where files are downloaded to? It would give skinners a bit more flexibility.
Specifically, I'm looking at Season Banners. If those could be downloaded to their own directory just like extrafanart, it would really help.
I am at a loss. Even after removing the problem folder as a source, cleaning the library and re-adding it, it still doesn't work. 540+ shows takes many hours to re-import. =/

Here is my debug:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/1222902/

Please advise.

(2012-09-23, 19:11)akovia Wrote: I am at a loss. Even after removing the problem folder as a source, cleaning the library and re-adding it, it still doesn't work. 540+ shows takes many hours to re-import. =/

Here is my debug:

Please advise.

Check TVDB.
That show doesn't exist under that ID number.
Refresh that show to reload the correct data and remove commoncache.db from your userdata folder and try again
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-23, 22:02)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-23, 19:11)akovia Wrote: I am at a loss. Even after removing the problem folder as a source, cleaning the library and re-adding it, it still doesn't work. 540+ shows takes many hours to re-import. =/

Here is my debug:

Please advise.

Check TVDB.
That show doesn't exist under that ID number.
Refresh that show to reload the correct data and remove commoncache.db from your userdata folder and try again

Many thanks for the reply. That didn't fix the problem but it led me to it.

The scraper I'm using "metadata.anidb.net" actually scrapes both anidb.net & thetvdb.com. Anidb has a far superior DB, but lacks artwork, so it uses it for the primary scraper for information and fills in whatever artwork and episode details it finds on thetvdb. The <id>xxx</id> is set by anidb, which is why the plugin is failing.

I feel better that it wasn't my own doing that caused the problem, but not sure where to head from here. Either way, It's not the plugin, so thanks for your patience.

The plugin is fantastic btw.
Ok can somebody tell me if my version is screwed or not? The wiki says you can set the default language in add-on settings (failing to find an image in the default language falls back to english).

First I can't find anywhere to find the default language setting...
and even if there is an english image, it always downloads the GERMAN instead
nevermind, i guess i supposed language should have been on the general tab rather than Limit Artwork tab.

though it still doesn't solve the fact that it prefers German even with english set as default.
Martijn,

I'm having an issue where, after running AD, whether in solo mode, or otherwise, the plugin is turning up a "no matching medianame found in library" message, and therefore not downloading anything. My video library is current and working fine, so I'm not sure why this is happening. I did a clean install of the Sept. 21st nightly, and this started after that. I've got a log that has the AD debugging turned on as well. You'll see near the end of the log where I try to do a manual search for "The Avengers", and the resulting messages.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9337
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-26, 17:04)thrak76 Wrote: Martijn,

I'm having an issue where, after running AD, whether in solo mode, or otherwise, the plugin is turning up a "no matching medianame found in library" message, and therefore not downloading anything. My video library is current and working fine, so I'm not sure why this is happening. I did a clean install of the Sept. 21st nightly, and this started after that. I've got a log that has the AD debugging turned on as well. You'll see near the end of the log where I try to do a manual search for "The Avengers", and the resulting messages.

Can you please take a look at this? I'm at a loss...
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Hi martijn,

I noticed the addon doenst scan on startup anymore, in settings i cant seem to find the option to make it run on startup. How do i make it so that it will run when i startup xbmc?

I run on Eden and Aeon MQ 4.

thanks!
XBMC: XBMC 12.3 Frodo, Aeon MQ5, Win7 x64
(2012-09-27, 21:35)thrak76 Wrote:

Please next time upload a log without all the other useless crap like the library scanning and remote connecting. It makes it very hard to follow what happens.
I haven't used it in Frodo because it needs some changes and I won't start that before repo is up.

(2012-09-28, 12:37)Ajedi Wrote: Hi martijn,

I noticed the addon doenst scan on startup anymore, in settings i cant seem to find the option to make it run on startup. How do i make it so that it will run when i startup xbmc?

thanks!

I removed it on purpose
(2012-09-28, 16:00)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 21:35)thrak76 Wrote:

Please next time upload a log without all the other useless crap like the library scanning and remote connecting. It makes it very hard to follow what happens.
I haven't used it in Frodo because it needs some changes and I won't start that before repo is up.

(2012-09-28, 12:37)Ajedi Wrote: Hi martijn,

thanks!

I removed it on purpose

What you call "useless crap", I call routine usage. Perhaps you can make an effort to find your way through it. Maybe you feel that every member on here is just wasting your time - because that is the tone with which you present yourself in A LOT of your posts - but it's tiresome. There are no other devs on here that behave in this manner with such persistence. Lighten up. Yes, you are providing your knowledge and skill, and do it freely, but that does not mean other people don't deserve politeness.

With the nightlies of Sept. 13th and older, AD worked just fine. I'm now using something ~week newer, and it's broken, or intentionally crippled.
(2012-09-28, 18:25)thrak76 Wrote: What you call "useless crap", I call routine usage. Perhaps you can make an effort to find your way through it. Maybe you feel that every member on here is just wasting your time - because that is the tone with which you present yourself in A LOT of your posts - but it's tiresome. There are no other devs on here that behave in this manner with such persistence. Lighten up. Yes, you are providing your knowledge and skill, and do it freely, but that does not mean other people don't deserve politeness.
Every dev would have asked the same thing. Turn everything else off and replicate the problem because having such a huge log finding the relevant part with a lot of log spam in between is not fun. About the useless crap is something we are talking about to reduce that because a lot is just redundant or not necassary (so not the fault of users).
Sorry but i am who i am and it's not my intention to insult any one or whatever but i won't change either. No I do not think users waste my time (well there are some who do and i will tell them that upfront with sugar on top). If it takes some time before replying it's because i haven't had time, didn't find it necassary to reply yet because i want to test it out first or i just missed the post (and in this case i missed it).

Quote:With the nightlies of Sept. 13th and older, AD worked just fine. I'm now using something ~week newer, and it's broken, or intentionally crippled.

Something could be broken in master or something changed. Don't know. Will need to test it out.
Pushed an update to offcial repo for XBMC Frodo users.
Just wanted to add that I'm using the latest nightly and scanning for TV artwork seems to work just fine. Getting movie artwork just goes directly to "cleaning up..." and nothing is downloaded. Thanks Smile

Was typing while you posted. Will give it a go.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2012-09-28, 21:19)bobrap Wrote: Just wanted to add that I'm using the latest nightly and scanning for TV artwork seems to work just fine. Getting movie artwork just goes directly to "cleaning up..." and nothing is downloaded. Thanks Smile

Was typing while you posted. Will give it a go.

Will take 2 hours or so before it's available and you need to force refresh xbmc repo (will auto update eventually) or download and install manually: download
Works great!! Thanks very much!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18