• 34(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2012-04-09, 16:24)FREAKJAM Wrote: option to centralize fanart storage no longer an option?

Nope. It was just an idiotic option IMO and it wasn't really centralized anyway.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-09, 16:26)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 16:24)FREAKJAM Wrote: option to centralize fanart storage no longer an option?

Nope. It was just an idiotic option IMO and it wasn't really centralized anyway.

i for one liked it, i didnt have to have a second add-on to manage my artwork, i could just have AD dump copies onto a second location where i could point my skins for multi image backdrops of only the movies i currently had in the database. shame it's no longer an option.
(2012-04-09, 16:51)distracto Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 16:26)Martijn Wrote:

i for one liked it, i didnt have to have a second add-on to manage my artwork, i could just have AD dump copies onto a second location where i could point my skins for multi image backdrops of only the movies i currently had in the database. shame it's no longer an option.

Same reason why I used centralised fanart. Too bad it's no longer an option. Is there any other addon that makes it possible to do so?
it's still there but just disabled cause a lot of users didn't got the whole point of it.

if you edit settings.py
and remove line 73
PHP Code:
self.centralize_enable      False 

and settings.xml remove the comment <!-- --> code around
PHP Code:
<!--
        <
setting label="32036" type="bool"      id="centralize_enable"          default="false"/>
        <
setting label="32038" type="folder"    id="centralfolder_movies"       default=""      subsetting="true"    source="auto" option="writeable" enable="eq(-1,true)" visible="eq(-1,true)"/>
        <
setting label="32037" type="folder"    id="centralfolder_tvshows"      default=""      subsetting="true"    source="auto" option="writeable" enable="eq(-2,true)" visible="eq(-2,true)"/>
        <
setting type="sep" />
        --> 

it will work
(2012-04-09, 16:55)Martijn Wrote: it's still there but just disabled cause a lot of users didn't got the whole point of it.

if you edit settings.py
and remove line 73
PHP Code:
self.centralize_enable      False 

and settings.xml remove the comment <!-- --> code around
PHP Code:
<!--
        <
setting label="32036" type="bool"      id="centralize_enable"          default="false"/>
        <
setting label="32038" type="folder"    id="centralfolder_movies"       default=""      subsetting="true"    
source="auto" option="writeable" enable="eq(-1,true)" visible="eq(-1,true)"/>
        <
setting label="32037" type="folder"    id="centralfolder_tvshows"      default=""      subsetting="true"    
source="auto" option="writeable" enable="eq(-2,true)" visible="eq(-2,true)"/>
        <
setting type="sep" />
        --> 

it will work

Thanks, i did also miss this option Big Grin

I hope we dosen't have do to this every time the script gets updated?
XBMC 11.0 - Eden
Aeon Nox
(2012-04-09, 16:52)FREAKJAM Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 16:51)distracto Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 16:26)Martijn Wrote: Nope. It was just an idiotic option IMO and it wasn't really centralized anyway.

Same reason why I used centralised fanart. Too bad it's no longer an option. Is there any other addon that makes it possible to do so?

I used it to multi images backdrops too. Can you (Martijn) enable it? The edit part it's good but I have to do it every time I update the addon, no?

is anyone else having trouble getting get thumb to download thumbnails or banners?
Hi, i have an error when trying to get artwork for my shows:
Code:
03:34:07 T:5040  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
03:34:07 T:5040   ERROR: File::Open - unknown exception when opening C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.common.plugin.cache\settings.xml
03:34:08 T:5040  NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: Processing media:  Boardwalk Empire
03:34:08 T:5040  NOTICE: Artwork Downloader: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Users\\Kevin\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.artwork.downloader\\temp\\landscape.jpg'
03:34:08 T:5040   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
03:34:08 T:5040   ERROR: Error Contents: (3, 'The system cannot find the path specified', u'C:\\Users\\Kevin\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.artwork.downloader\\temp\\*.*')
03:34:08 T:5040   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py", line 886, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py", line 142, in __init__
                                                self.cleanup()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artwork.downloader\default.py", line 220, in cleanup
                                                for x in os.listdir(self.fileops.tempdir):
                                            WindowsError: (3, 'The system cannot find the path specified', u'C:\\Users\\Kevin\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.artwork.downloader\\temp\\*.*')

I am using path substitution for addon_data in advancedsettings.xml. Disabled it for now and now artwork downloader works. Can you do anything about this?

Thank you.

EDIT:
I'll leave path substitution off for addon_data as that not only fixed your plugin but also made library scans faster.
(2012-04-12, 12:42)el_psycho Wrote: Hi, i have an error when trying to get artwork for my shows:
I am using path substitution for addon_data in advancedsettings.xml. Disabled it for now and now artwork downloader works. Can you do anything about this?

Thank you.

EDIT:
I'll leave path substitution off for addon_data as that not only fixed your plugin but also made library scans faster.

No
(2012-04-12, 14:05)Martijn Wrote: No

Thanks, no action from you needed anymore as stated in the EDIT. Great plugin.
(2012-04-10, 12:07)darkmdbeener Wrote: is anyone else having trouble getting get thumb to download thumbnails or banners?

yes i have been trying to download banners but everytime it scans through my show collection then pops up saying "script.failed.artwork.downloader"

have tried on several machines and still same thing

i too am using a path substitution for addon data i am gonna remove it and see if that fixes the problem like for the person above thanks for the tip el_psycho

EDIT: yep this worked i just removed the addon_data path substitution and it found and downloaded my missing banners thanks again el_psycho i was trying to work out the problem for hours
A lot of add-on have this problem and I'm not even sure if we can solve this from our side. when I find some time I will have a go at that
Hi !

I decided to make a step forwarf in my database personnalisation. That's how I discovered this tool, that I launched with success a first time.
The problem is that I wanted to make my database look great thanks to extrafanarts and so on, but I wanted to do it step by step.
I started with all my animation movies for kids, then I added my TV shows in XBMC's database (with success) but when I lauch Artwork Dowloader again, it keeps on focusing on the animation folder and not on the tvshow folder at all.
I try to uninstall/install again with no success. I tried to empty totally XBMC's video database but still unsuccesfully.
It's like if the script remebered the path to my animation folder and nothing but this one.

Thanks for your help and sorry if the explanation is obvious.
It saves the data for an hour to speed up subsequent executes. So after one hour it will refresh it's data
So you mean that, for example, if I rebuild my XBMC database only with my TVShow folder, wait for one hour (basically tomorrow) and then launch the script it will scrape logos, extrafanarts, etc ... ?

Sorry for my lack of understanding, I'm not a native english speaker.

And thanks for your quick answer !
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18