• 36(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2012-04-13, 19:27)protocol77 Wrote:
(2012-04-10, 12:07)darkmdbeener Wrote: is anyone else having trouble getting get thumb to download thumbnails or banners?

yes i have been trying to download banners but everytime it scans through my show collection then pops up saying "script.failed.artwork.downloader"

have tried on several machines and still same thing

i too am using a path substitution for addon data i am gonna remove it and see if that fixes the problem like for the person above thanks for the tip el_psycho

EDIT: yep this worked i just removed the addon_data path substitution and it found and downloaded my missing banners thanks again el_psycho i was trying to work out the problem for hours

see the thing is i dont get an error it just doesn't download. the fan art actually shows a download progress bar and works correctly

I can only get this working for TV shows. When I try it for movies it just ends up with "0 images downloaded" any beginners misstake I might be doing? I´ll try and see if I can post a debug later tonight when I get back home...
If it doesn't work provide a full Debug Log while doing a download and post the log on http://xbmclogs.com or use the XBMC log uploader that is available in XBMC official repo.

Post the link to log here
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Here is a log for my issue where I´m able to get all the images I want for TV but nothing happens when I try to use the addon for movies.

(2012-04-16, 20:42)NiklasK Wrote: Here is a log for my issue where I´m able to get all the images I want for TV but nothing happens when I try to use the addon for movies.

You need to turn on Debug Log and also 'debug' in Artwork Downloader settings (and turn it of after uploading or else you logs get spammed).
Here I go again, sorry if I dont post the log 100% correctly... log

(2012-04-16, 20:48)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 20:42)NiklasK Wrote: Here is a log for my issue where I´m able to get all the images I want for TV but nothing happens when I try to use the addon for movies.

You need to turn on debug log and also 'debug' in Artwork Downloader settings (and turn it of after uploading or else you logs get spammed).

(2012-04-14, 01:21)rolapinou Wrote: OK, so I tried again this morning and AD did a wonderful job for movies fanart.
However, it didn't scrape anything concerning TV shows.
That's odd because my folder are - to my mind - quite well organized
Show
- Saison 01
- tvshowname - s01e01 - episodename.avi
- tvshowname - s01e01 - episodename.nfo
- tvshowname - s01e01 - episodename.tbn
- tvshowname - s01e02 - episodename.avi
- tvshowname - s01e02 - episodename.nfo
- tvshowname - s01e02 - episodename.tbn
- Saison 02
- tvshow.nfo
- fanart.jpg
- folder.jpg
- season01.tbn
- season02.tbn
- seasonall.tbn

Am I doing something wrong ?
Is there a problem with the scraper or on fanart.tv ?

Thanks for your help !

Hi !
I've tied another scan after changing all "saison" into "season" and rebuild the video library from scratch in XBMC and I still have nothing scraped for tv-sows whereas it works great for movies.
Any help would be very appreciated by the noob I know I am.

Here is my log, just in case : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1633
(2012-04-16, 23:09)rolapinou Wrote: Hi !
I've tied another scan after changing all "saison" into "season" and rebuild the video library from scratch in XBMC and I still have nothing scraped for tv-sows whereas it works great for movies.
Any help would be very appreciated by the noob I know I am.

Here is my log, just in case : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1633
That's because I don't use the standard filenames for tvshows because skins can't handle the standard XBMC ones.

It's also not meant to be used before scraping because it can't find anything that isn't in your library already.
Thanks Martijn for your quick reply.
I'm sorry to say that I don't understand your answer.
Could you give me an example of filenaming for tv shows with which I could use your wonderful script ?
Or maybe there's a link with a tutorial on youtube or whatever that I still haven't found.

For the second part of your answer, maybe I wasn't clear. I scrapped my XBMC library before I launched the script so my library was perfectly well fitted with both movies and shows before giving a try with AD (my first one of the day).

Thanks again for your help and work.
What it comes down to is that skins decide if they use the downloaded artwork or not. This is totaly independant on what XBMC does. Rescraping tv shows hasn't got anything to do with the art that has been downloaded.

It doesn't update the covers that XBMC scraped

If it doesn't download anything for tvshows turn the Debug Log for xbmc and turn on debug for the add-on itself and see what is in there
Hi all,

I used the artwork downloader for the first time the other day with a view to tidying up all of my artwork. However, after leaving it to run across my whole TV library on my return all of the poster.jpg and fanart.jpgs that had been downloaded were corrupted, unreadable by xbmc, photoshop, preview etc from a main OS.

This is a real frustration as I have had to redo the whole library manually with ViMediaManager to reset all the artwork. is it me doing something wrong?

This add-on looks absolutely fantastic for doing the things I need but I dont want to run it again if its going to screw my library.

Cheers

Richard
OK Martijn, here is my log enabling the debug mode in the script and then launching it : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1663
I also took a look at the rapport generated by Artwork Downloader and it is written that the "TVDB ID was not found" whereas I built my tvshows.nfo through a tool called MediaCompanion that relies on TVDB ... How strange. I'll follow that track.
(2012-04-17, 20:24)rolapinou Wrote: OK Martijn, here is my log enabling the debug mode in the script and then launching it : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1663
I also took a look at the rapport generated by Artwork Downloader and it is written that the "TVDB ID was not found" whereas I built my tvshows.nfo through a tool called MediaCompanion that relies on TVDB ... How strange. I'll follow that track.

Well it's pretty easy. MediaCompanion uses IMDB ids for tv shows and neither fanart.tv or tvdb support that so that's why I don't support those either.

So either you missed an option in MediaCompanion or it doesn't work correctly
Well, the lastest version uses IMDB or TVDB for tv shows ID's. I tried deleting a tvshow.nfo and re-generate it through TVDB's Media Companion's scraper and ... it works !!!
I managed to download stuff for this show using your script !
Thank you very much for your help !
And keep on the good work.
Well i installed the debug uploader and enabled debugging on the artworkDownloader but i still do not get a debug log, nothing pops up or is emailed to me.

I also still get no error when downloading the thumbs it just acts like its loading then goes back to the info screen without a thumbnail. As I said if i download fanart it shows the download progress, but with thumbnails it does not.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18