• 56(current)
Artwork Downloader
Okay, thanks for the reply. I have some artwork for my movies that took a long time to find, if I stick them in to the extrafanart folder will they also be displayed? Just asking since my artwork naming convention is "backdrop, backdrop1, backdrop2, etc" and I saw all the ones in the extrafanart folder are some huge string of numbers and letters.
(2012-10-07, 15:14)swatbat2142 Wrote: Okay, thanks for the reply. I have some artwork for my movies that took a long time to find, if I stick them in to the extrafanart folder will they also be displayed? Just asking since my artwork naming convention is "backdrop, backdrop1, backdrop2, etc" and I saw all the ones in the extrafanart folder are some huge string of numbers and letters.

yes. file name doesn't matter
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Okay, thank you.
I noticed that Artwork Downloader wasn't running on its own anymore. Just checked and I don't see the settings to run it as a service on a set schedule. Was this functionality removed? Is there an alternate way to run it on a daily basis?

Sorry, this thread is a bit unwieldy so this may be asked and answered.
Supporter of all things Linux, Android, XBMC and NextPVR
It was removed cause Martijn deemed it wasted against fanart.tv resources. Even if you download 1 tv show a day, the most you;ll ever download in 1 day is a handful of images.

Just run it manually every few days...easy enough.
FYI

I will be doing some changes for Frodo release that will better support all the new goodies that is offers like:
- ListItem.DBID (so no need to pass Title and Path to the script and no need to retrieve entire db list first)
- Directly set the retrieve art url into the db (posters/banner/season banners)
- Some other optimizations
I love the artwork downloader however I am trying to use Aeon MQ4 after using Artwork downloader I have poster.jpg listed in every folder yet I can't get the skin to use those posters?
(2012-10-11, 04:47)ahoslc Wrote: I love the artwork downloader however I am trying to use Aeon MQ4 after using Artwork downloader I have poster.jpg listed in every folder yet I can't get the skin to use those posters?

best ask in the skin thread.
Any idea why artwork downloader isn't downloading discart properly? It is set to search for it, and when I look at the report it did try to find it, but says none was found. However there is definitely discart available for a lot of the movies it could not find it for, and if I go to a specific movie and search for it individually with gui mode, it will find it right away. Any suggestions?
When i manually download a new season poster why does it always download as SeasonX-poster.jgp instead of seasonX.tbn.(press I on season i need to change, choose Artwork) after downloading it i have to go and update the season(submenu, season thumb). Is there a setting im missing?

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Language settings maybe. As in, the logo was tagged as German but you wanted English?
(2012-10-12, 16:38)dpar Wrote: Any idea why artwork downloader isn't downloading discart properly? It is set to search for it, and when I look at the report it did try to find it, but says none was found. However there is definitely discart available for a lot of the movies it could not find it for, and if I go to a specific movie and search for it individually with gui mode, it will find it right away. Any suggestions?

Season posters are always downloaded as season#-poster.jpg and saved in the main tv folder. If I'm not mistaken, depending on the skin, you can change something like "use poster.jpg for poster styled...". This should use the season poster jpgs properly.
(2012-10-12, 17:02)saitoh183 Wrote: When i manually download a new season poster why does it always download as SeasonX-poster.jgp instead of seasonX.tbn.(press I on season i need to change, choose Artwork) after downloading it i have to go and update the season(submenu, season thumb). Is there a setting im missing?

(2012-10-12, 20:34)Vaikin Wrote: Season posters are always downloaded as season#-poster.jpg and saved in the main tv folder. If I'm not mistaken, depending on the skin, you can change something like "use poster.jpg for poster styled...". This should use the season poster jpgs properly.

I just tested it and it doesnt work. Using Nox 3.6.1 with Bannerplex view. I changed to poster view , switched on use poster.jpg and it just switches the Tv show poster but not the seasons within. Leaving it on that setting, i went back to Bannerplex view and if i hit info on the show, it will show poster.jpg since its still active in poster view (bannerplex doesnt have the option itself) but season posters stay the same. I also tried change the settings while being inside the TV show and it didnt do anyhting. Could it be that having seasonXX.tbn is overriding the use poster.jpg setting?

(2012-10-12, 23:20)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 20:34)Vaikin Wrote: Season posters are always downloaded as season#-poster.jpg and saved in the main tv folder. If I'm not mistaken, depending on the skin, you can change something like "use poster.jpg for poster styled...". This should use the season poster jpgs properly.

I just tested it and it doesnt work. Using Nox 3.6.1 with Bannerplex view. I changed to poster view , switched on use poster.jpg and it just switches the Tv show poster but not the seasons within. Leaving it on that setting, i went back to Bannerplex view and if i hit info on the show, it will show poster.jpg since its still active in poster view (bannerplex doesnt have the option itself) but season posters stay the same. I also tried change the settings while being inside the TV show and it didn't do anything. Could it be that having seasonXX.tbn is overriding the use poster.jpg setting?

I just found that this issue was discussed in another thread a few months back but im having difficulty figuring out the solution http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...poster.jpg

Starts at post 813 and ends on page 85 post 845. Could someone clarify?

Any chance of getting automated schedule put back in now that tvdb appears to have sponsors. I dont need it to run often especially not at logon option which is excessive but allowing to schedule it maybe once a day or a couple times a week again while were not using xbmc would be nice.
(2012-10-15, 12:18)Ghostdivision Wrote: Any chance of getting automated schedule put back in now that tvdb appears to have sponsors. I dont need it to run often especially not at logon option which is excessive but allowing to schedule it maybe once a day or a couple times a week again while were not using xbmc would be nice.

As long as fanart.tv doesn't have enough sponsors to pay for the server the whole year in advance. no
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18