• 136(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2014-06-14, 18:18)Martijn Wrote: Update:
Currently working on default support using <moviefilename>-<arttype>.ext
This means it will download and name MOVIE artwork according to this.
Example: "9 (2009)-disc.png" instead of "disc.png"
It will also force rename any old files using "<arttype>.ext" to "<moviefilename>-<arttype>.ext"
It will not yet force update the database to point to the new file if renamed. Still working on that.
It may be finished and ready for testing during next week.

Still a lot untested. Just wanted to let you know.

hey martijn Smile
wanna ask if u have any news about this new feature ? i have scraped all of my movies this week ( every movie have now the right name and year )
i did it with mediaelch and the images ( poster,banner,fanart,landscape) where saved as "moviename"-poster.jpg...etc
when i go to xbmc and scrape the movies ( with local scraper ) it downloads new images again ! and save them just as poster.jpg, banner.jpg...etc

so how is the future plan - will we stay on the small names ( just poster.jpg ) or will it be changed to the full names ?

thx in advance Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2014-07-18, 09:04)schimi2k Wrote: hey martijn Smile
wanna ask if u have any news about this new feature ? i have scraped all of my movies this week ( every movie have now the right name and year )
i did it with mediaelch and the images ( poster,banner,fanart,landscape) where saved as "moviename"-poster.jpg...etc
when i go to xbmc and scrape the movies ( with local scraper ) it downloads new images again ! and save them just as poster.jpg, banner.jpg...etc

so how is the future plan - will we stay on the small names ( just poster.jpg ) or will it be changed to the full names ?

thx in advance Smile

Did you enable "Movies are in seperate folders that match the movie title" when you configured the scraper? Because you probably don't want to do that if you are naming each movie file (and associated artwork) with the movie name prefix.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
All,

I just recently started receiving the error "Error Downloading File" when using the "Manual" method of assigning art. I also noticed that the normal way is also no longer downloader art either. After checking the revision history on GitHub, it appears that the fanart.tv API coding was changed on 7/18/14 to account for the V3 API.

Here is the link to the recent API code changes.
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ar...55fd738d0b

I tried rolling-back to Artwork Downloader version 12.0.28, but this did not resolve the issue, presumably because the legacy API is no longer working. I then reinstalled version 12.0.29 with no luck. I also tried the full array of normal troubleshooting methods to no avail. I am running Gotham 13.1 with the Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 "Aeon Nox Gotham Plus" skin.

Is this is a known issue at this time? Is there anything else I can do on my end?

Thanks for your help and insight!
My system just updated to accommodate the fanart.tv update and mine appears fine when doing automatic grab for whole library. But I went in to see if any new settings were added and the pages were all blanked out I could press down and it would scroll crazy. Haven't checked back since restarting so could of been a glitch.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
Artwork Downloader is randomly overwriting existing artwork. How can I ensure this doesn't happen anymore? I have all of my movies in their own folders, I have "use local files" enabled, and I definitely don't have "overwrite local files" enabled in Artwork Downloader's configuration settings.
im having a problem displaying or downloading posters. i ran the addon overnight to make sure i get all my artwork downloaded but alot of the posters didnt download. i can go in an d manually do each one but with the amount of movies i have that will take some time. do you have any suggestions?
Hi,

I'm getting the error Script failed! when trying to run Artwork Downloader.

I am using a mySQL database when I get the error. If I use a local database I do not get the error and it works just fine.

Here is the Debug Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=259248

Info:
XBMC 13.1
MQ5 skin
Windows 8.1

Anything I can do to get it to work on MySQL ?

Thanks in advance.

-Nik
nothing i can fix. XBMC problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-02, 22:46)Martijn Wrote: nothing i can fix. XBMC problem

Thx for quick reply.

Is there a specific forum thread to post in that relates to this problem so that it can be seen by those who may be able to fix it ?

Thx,

-Nik
I am having an issue, Gotham 13.1

I am trying to run the script to get Posters and Fanart for TV Shows and as well as for movies.

I have them both enabled in the settings, it runs through each tv show and movie but doesn't download anything.

All movies and tv shows are in their own folders. I used to work back a few months ago, but I am trying to update and get missing stuff, but now it won't download anything.

I also tried doing them individually and it says it downloads it, but when I look in the folder, nothing is there

Suggestions, before I do a log?
Artwork Downloader is randomly overwriting existing artwork. How can I ensure this doesn't happen anymore? I have all of my movies in their own folders, I have "use local files" enabled, and I definitely don't have "overwrite local files" enabled in Artwork Downloader's configuration settings.

Would setting my artwork files to "Read Only" prevent this from happening? If not, is there any other way?
Is there any way to exclude certain sources or folders from being queried by Artwork Downloader? I have plenty of non-IMDB movies and TV-Shows in my library with custom NFOs and artwork (like home movies, web shows, adult movies, etc.). Scanning this whole library takes ages, while AD only finds artwork for a fraction of it (as expected).

The trakt.tv plugin has a nifty way to setup excluded folders and I'm looking for something similar in AD: an ability to exclude certain parent folders (or sources), so AD quickly skips over all these movies or shows when scanning for new artwork.
(2014-08-08, 13:30)Arparso Wrote: Is there any way to exclude certain sources or folders from being queried by Artwork Downloader? I have plenty of non-IMDB movies and TV-Shows in my library with custom NFOs and artwork (like home movies, web shows, adult movies, etc.). Scanning this whole library takes ages, while AD only finds artwork for a fraction of it (as expected).

The trakt.tv plugin has a nifty way to setup excluded folders and I'm looking for something similar in AD: an ability to exclude certain parent folders (or sources), so AD quickly skips over all these movies or shows when scanning for new artwork.

Not that I've seen, but you can set it to work in the background so you don't have to wait for it.
(2014-08-08, 14:04)Frozin Wrote: Not that I've seen, but you can set it to work in the background so you don't have to wait for it.
Doesn't this run the risk of downloading the wrong artwork (if names accidentally match up) or will it just not download anything for movies without IMDB ids?
(2014-08-08, 14:18)Arparso Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 14:04)Frozin Wrote: Not that I've seen, but you can set it to work in the background so you don't have to wait for it.
Doesn't this run the risk of downloading the wrong artwork (if names accidentally match up) or will it just not download anything for movies without IMDB ids?

I doubt it, if you've ran it before and it didn't download anything, I highly doubt background mode will change the searching and download method.
  • 136(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18