Artwork Downloader

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
Milhouse Online
Team-Kodi Member
(Yesterday 22:17)djhifi Wrote:  How (is there a way?) to remove images/thumbs/fanart/etc that were downloaded but are not linked in the database to any movie?

An example of this is when we exchange for example 30 posters for 30 new posters on movies.

Is there a way to delete the "garbage" ? Manually is not an option for a database of 3000+++ movies because the .jps are not named lol.

Not that I'm aware of, although writing a simple script to clean it up wouldn't be that hard.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
djhifi Offline
I wish I'd knew how to, really Big Grin
find quote
Milhouse Online
Team-Kodi Member
It's never too late to learn. Smile

On Linux, you could do something with a combination of JSON/TextureCache (see sig) output, grep/sed, and then the find command. Probably a bit more involved on Windows.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
djhifi Offline
Anyway, further on...

I've checked "CENTRALIZE EXTRAFANART".

But, nevertheless, the Artwork Downloader, not only downloaded extra fanart (Movies and TV Shows) to the given folders i've created (to centralize), but also created a folder per movie folder, named "extrafanart".
Across all my collection and HDD's.

What the hell? Lol.

Can I either delete the created extrafanart folder per movie and tv show and/or the centralized fanart, without any consequences?

I don't see the point of occupping the same space twice with the same .jpgs....
find quote