• 141(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2014-09-29, 22:17)djhifi Wrote: How (is there a way?) to remove images/thumbs/fanart/etc that were downloaded but are not linked in the database to any movie?

An example of this is when we exchange for example 30 posters for 30 new posters on movies.

Is there a way to delete the "garbage" ? Manually is not an option for a database of 3000+++ movies because the .jps are not named lol.

Not that I'm aware of, although writing a simple script to clean it up wouldn't be that hard.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I wish I'd knew how to, really Big Grin
It's never too late to learn. Smile

On Linux, you could do something with a combination of JSON/TextureCache (see sig) output, grep/sed, and then the find command. Probably a bit more involved on Windows.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Anyway, further on...

I've checked "CENTRALIZE EXTRAFANART".

But, nevertheless, the Artwork Downloader, not only downloaded extra fanart (Movies and TV Shows) to the given folders i've created (to centralize), but also created a folder per movie folder, named "extrafanart".
Across all my collection and HDD's.

What the hell? Lol.

Can I either delete the created extrafanart folder per movie and tv show and/or the centralized fanart, without any consequences?

I don't see the point of occupping the same space twice with the same .jpgs....
Hi,

I've just set up Artwork Downloader on my PC XBMC setup, I have two albums in my Music library (Queen and Amy Winehouse).

I set up the music files using MusicBrainz Picard and all seems well.

But when I run the artwork downloader it executes very quickly and always states 0 downloaded, No failed or missing items found.

What am I doing wrong?
@archie456
Artwork Downloader has nothin to do as far as i know,with music library.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2014-10-01, 23:45)archie456 Wrote: Hi,

I've just set up Artwork Downloader on my PC XBMC setup, I have two albums in my Music library (Queen and Amy Winehouse).

But when I run the artwork downloader it executes very quickly and always states 0 downloaded, No failed or missing items found.

What am I doing wrong?

(2014-10-02, 12:28)vicmanpergar Wrote: @archie456

Just Music Videos.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Oh, I see thanks.
(2014-10-02, 15:19)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-10-01, 23:45)archie456 Wrote: Hi,

What am I doing wrong?

Just Music Videos.

Yeah, but not with the music library... The only similar thing u can use for the music library is the CdArt Manager Script (look for its own post here), to download artist and album art, fanart, thumbnails,logo and cd disk.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Searching back through this thread, I haven't found an answer for Tv Show Season artwork from Fanart.Tv.

Does Artwork Downloader download and save locally, Season Poster, Season Banner and/or Season Thumb??
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
has anyone tried to add the new show "Star Wars Rebels" to xbmc and then ran artwork downloader ? I get 0 artwork downloaded. When I go to fanart.tv, there are 20 images for it. So why ain't it picking any of them up ? (for instance the logo).
Could it be .. cause that "star wars rebels" is listed twice on fanart.tv ? One occurence with 20 images, one with 0. Is it possible that artwork downloader points to the wrong one ?
How can I fix this ?
I'm still on Frodo, and use local files is off .. since I don't want to clutter my folders here with images.

EDIT : the guys on fanart moved the pics to the 2nd entry. Should be ok now
(2014-06-14, 18:18)Martijn Wrote: Update:
Currently working on default support using <moviefilename>-<arttype>.ext
This means it will download and name MOVIE artwork according to this.
Example: "9 (2009)-disc.png" instead of "disc.png"
It will also force rename any old files using "<arttype>.ext" to "<moviefilename>-<arttype>.ext"
It will not yet force update the database to point to the new file if renamed. Still working on that.
It may be finished and ready for testing during next week.

Still a lot untested. Just wanted to let you know.

Martijn,

I was wondering if this version is yet available for testing?

Thanks in advance.

Dragoonkain
@Martin. What's your eta on this format?

I've just added Support to mediacompanion for original format.

Also, will this be compatible with Frodo / Eden?
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I've searched this thread for every instance of the word "poster" but not found a solution that actually lets me download my chosen poster.jpg. Presumably I would have the same problem with fanart, landscape, banner, etc. I have the local files option enabled and it just downloads the first poster.jpg it finds. However, if I change to say the second or third poster in the list for any video, the old file remains and I'm just using the cached version of the remote file. Not the behavior I was expecting as I have four XBMC... excuse me, Kodi... boxes in the house and I didn't want them all to have to retrieve all those remote images the first time I open the library (especially annoying on Raspbian with thousands of videos). Running AD again (even with "Overwrite all existing..." enabled) does not replace poster.jpg or even download it again. Deleting poster.jpg then running AD again reverts to the first poster in the list and loses the poster I just went and chose! I have tried deleting the local file, changing it in the library, then exiting Kodi, then restarting and running AD with and without the overwrite option. All to no avail. Obviously I can manually download the poster image I want and overwrite the local file, then manually go and choose that local file in the library, but this seems to make the function of locally storing anything but extrafanart/extrathumbs with AD pretty pointless, unless you are okay with the first image found for the other artwork. I don't know how AD sorts which image to use first, but it is different than the default scraper and I generally find the poster images especially are much poorer quality. The second or third in the list is usually the one I want. Am I doing something wrong or is this by design? If by design, might there be an option in the future where if I already have my library setup using the artwork I want, AD will just download those files locally instead and set the database to point to the local rather than remote version of the file? That's what I was expecting this add-on to do when I installed it. Now my library of thousands of videos has crappy (IMHO) posters for about 80% of my titles. Thankfully I keep nightly backups of my mysql database and I just restored it and then disabled the local files option in AD and now just use it for extrafanart.

Seeing how long the Raspbian boxes especially take to load the poster images when browsing the library, I can only imagine what a headache it must be for those with slow Internet connections. That second or two delay is annoying to me and I love how much faster the response is when I use AD to store the images locally. I just wish I could actually pick my own posters and still have them stored locally without going through my entire library. Even an option in AD to make it prefer one source of images over another (to make it behave more like TMDB scraper for example) would be preferable to the current behavior. Though I would rather have an option which just says "download currently chosen artwork" or something. That way if you are happy with the art you have, all you are doing is caching it with the videos rather than having to build an image cache on each machine in the network.

Sorry for the lengthy explanation. For what it does, AD works great. Just wondering if we could get more control over what it picks and how.

Update: Not sure if this matters, but the PC where I'm running AD from is running 13.2 using Aeon Nox 5 skin.

Update 2: Thinking I was doing something wrong I even tried this:
1) Set the poster art I wanted
2) Close Kodi
3) Delete Textures13.db and Thumbnails folder AND the incorrect poster.jpg
4) Start Kodi
5) Open the library to ensure it is still using the poster artwork I actually want
6) Run Artwork Downloader (with or without the overwrite option checked doesn't matter as it shouldn't since there is no poster.jpg to overwrite anyway)
7) Once again, it changed my chosen poster artwork and no matter what I do it will not download anything other than its preferred poster locally
Only solution I can see to use anything other than the first poster artwork is to manually download/save it and choose the local file. Which is something we can do without AD anyway. This is why I'm confused why it even has the option for downloading posters and other artwork (other than Extra Fan Art) since we have absolutely no control over what it downloads from what I can see.
(2014-09-30, 00:36)djhifi Wrote: Anyway, further on...

I've checked "CENTRALIZE EXTRAFANART".

But, nevertheless, the Artwork Downloader, not only downloaded extra fanart (Movies and TV Shows) to the given folders i've created (to centralize), but also created a folder per movie folder, named "extrafanart".
Across all my collection and HDD's.

What the hell? Lol.

Can I either delete the created extrafanart folder per movie and tv show and/or the centralized fanart, without any consequences?

I don't see the point of occupping the same space twice with the same .jpgs....

Ive just popped on to ask the exact same question.

First time using AD and wanted to have a centralized area for the extrafanart to which I then point some options in the skin to.

Skin is Rapier and for custom categories on the home screen you can select a multi-image background.

AD is duplicating some but not all artwork in both the movie/TV Show folder as well as the centralized folder set in the options.

Is there any way around this?
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18