Artwork Downloader

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Votes - 4.25 Average
strikervi Offline
I'm still hoping we can do the dynamic . Ext for frodo
Although since I'm cross maintaining xbmc and ple*
, it doesn't seem as important as it was 6 months ago.
Thx again for it tho.
find quote
cw-kid Offline
Posting Freak
Hi

Can anyone confirm if AD should download TV Show Season Posters when run in Solo mode? I have enabled that option in the AD settings and I have local files enabled but none ever appear on the file server. If I run Gui mode instead and select a particular season poster then that works and the image file is put on the file server.

I asked a question back here previously about why new seasons of an existing TV Show never seem to get a season poster image?

I can post a debug log file upon request if that would help?

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT:

Here is a debug log file: http://pastebin.com/671NZJfd

For the TV Show "The Blacklist" currently Season 2 has no poster and is blank.

Looking on the file server there are currently no season poster artwork images at all present. So Season 1 must have got its poster on first import in to XBMC with TheTVDB.com scraper?

So I ran AD solo mode against this TV Show, the report said it had downloaded 5 images, all of which were just extrafanart.

Still no season poster for Season 2.

I then ran AD Gui mode against this TV Show. Selected Season Posters and picked a poster for Season 2, AD then proceeded to download it to my file server and the file is called: season02-poster.jpg

However looking in XBMC there is still no poster showing on Season 2.

So I then right clicked Season 2 and selected Choose Art -> Poster -> Browse -> Item Folder and selected the season02-poster.jpg image.

Now I have a poster image showing for Season 2.

Is all of this normal behaviour?

Thanks

The Media Center Blog
The Digital Lifestyle
Authorised Euro Z-wave dealer contact for bespoke prices!
(This post was last modified: 2014-10-18 16:04 by cw-kid.)
find quote
AnthonyJS02 Offline
(2014-10-18 15:40)cw-kid Wrote:  Hi

Can anyone confirm if AD should download TV Show Season Posters when run in Solo mode? I have enabled that option in the AD settings and I have local files enabled but none ever appear on the file server. If I run Gui mode instead and select a particular season poster then that works and the image file is put on the file server.

I asked a question back here previously about why new seasons of an existing TV Show never seem to get a season poster image?

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT:

Looking on the file server there are currently no season poster artwork images at all present. So Season 1 must have got its poster on first import in to XBMC with TheTVDB.com scraper?

So I ran AD solo mode against this TV Show, the report said it had downloaded 5 images, all of which were just extrafanart.

I then ran AD Gui mode against this TV Show. Selected Season Posters and picked a poster for Season 2, AD then proceeded to download it to my file server and the file is called: season02-poster.jpg

So I then right clicked Season 2 and selected Choose Art -> Poster -> Browse -> Item Folder and selected the season02-poster.jpg image.

Thanks

Best way I do is download image I want manually and just reload TV information.

HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
find quote
vbat99 Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-10-18 15:40)cw-kid Wrote:  Hi

Thanks for any advice.

EDIT:

Thanks

This was my question also a few posts back, but no confirmation either way
(2014-10-04 09:43)vbat99 Wrote:  Searching back through this thread, I haven't found an answer for Tv Show Season artwork from Fanart.Tv.

Does Artwork Downloader download and save locally, Season Poster, Season Banner and/or Season Thumb??

@Martijn.

I know your busy with Kodi, but are you able to indicate either way on the above questions please.

Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - XBMC Media Companion
find quote
cw-kid Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-10-18 19:56)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:  Best way I do is download image I want manually and just reload TV information.

Hi

Does reloading the TV Show not make it reappear as newly added episodes again in the library?
Presume reloading doesn't affect watched / un-watched status of the episodes?

Thanks

The Media Center Blog
The Digital Lifestyle
find quote
AnthonyJS02 Offline
(Yesterday 00:49)cw-kid Wrote:  
(2014-10-18 19:56)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:  Best way I do is download image I want manually and just reload TV information.

Hi

Does reloading the TV Show not make it reappear as newly added episodes again in the library?
Presume reloading doesn't affect watched / un-watched status of the episodes?

Thanks

Should keep all same, but I use trakt for watched status. Just go to season hit I reload from Internet or local.

HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
find quote
cw-kid Offline
Posting Freak
Hi

Reloading the TV Show as you suggested works. TheTVDB scraper then finds and displays the missing season poster(s).

Reloading doesn't affect the watched / un-watched status nor does it make the episodes re-appear as recently added again.

I think there are two problems here, AD not downloading season posters in solo mode is one problem.
The other is that for some reason when a new season is added to the file server TheTVDB scraper when it adds these new files does not get a season poster, either because there was no season poster available at that time or more likely because there is some problem with it.

Thanks

EDIT:

Reloading the TV Show does affect the artwork however, after reloading the artwork is no longer visible. I have to run AD in solo mode against the TV Show to get the artwork back again. So not ideal.

The Media Center Blog
The Digital Lifestyle
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 12:44 by cw-kid.)
find quote