Things I would love to see
Don't know if any of these have been mentioned before, just putting them out there in hopes to see them.

Smarter bookmarks - Label the bookmark, back up bookmark thumbs and nfo on library exports, can associate with individual actors, playable features (marks a beginning and an end point on videos and plays them as clips stored with info) and If you could upload or download the bookmarks that would be awesome.

More library possibilities (well skins) - I know by reading now, just make a separate profile which works perfect. So what I am suggesting is making much more subject focused skins. So when you switch profiles (which I just labeled a favorites to launch separate profiles), you load a profile with a skin dedicated to that subject. So a kids profile with skin would have just their material and set for their eyes liking. An adult profile could be locked away. Skins for videos that do not belong in movies or TV such as, Stand up comedy (which would be cool if you could display along side the audio stand up), sports (infinite possibilities with internet source info), Demonstration/education, web series, audio books .... ect. My point being three libraries isn't enough, dedicated skins and a little profile play would make for a better universal media front end.

Games - Make it easier to set up, I use EmuControlCenter to front end my games at the moment. You can keep your roms zipped, and was easy to get working with all systems. I think they are open source too...

Soundtracks - associate with movies, maybe a button to go with it.

Movie intros - The choice of a sound clip or video clip to intro a movie, stored per movie. Movies with out them could be played by genre. The ability to upload and download these would make it really cool.

Scrappers/torrents - Basically scrapes a file you don't have in your database, it puts it in your normal libraries but marked somehow. Link it with sources for the file, and possible sources for any extras like trailers or subtitles. In torrents the ability to extract only wanted files and them be renamed.

Media manager - It would be good enough if you just made Ember Media Manager a plug in. Something needs to be done to have a more advanced control on large media collections.

Views - Download other skins library views. I picked transparency just because of its views that play trailers. Downloadable views would be awesome. Easy customizable menu buttons would be a plus.

Better Library view - virtual of front/back cover and disc cover of media, fanart. Buttons for info/trailer (button switch to full trailer view), actors, rating/audience/Critics reviews, file info/play settings and play. Each button would activate a menu replacing the virtual disc that is displayed. Basically on screen buttons for the different types of associated data, a button for movies extras would be good too.

A people section - A section were all the performers, artists, producers can be given a more bio type listing with fanart. Including birthday, basic appearance, accomplishments, works, ect. This could serve as a single back up for actor thumbs, provide a cooler experience, make finding a forgotten artist easier, announce birthdays for people you watch or listen to.

Google Earth - Be able to launch and view your install of Google Earth with in XBMC. Could be a good side kick to weather.

That is all the ones that come to mind, I'm sure there is more...
I know any improvement takes a lot of effort. I see XBMC as the best universal media front end. The point that its done for free, just wow! My only agenda is to get even more free out of an already unbelievable work.
I like the idea for making skins more modular, allowing for downloadable custom viewtypes. Soundtracks could be cool too, but seems like a ton of work, unless you have a small-ish movie library, or if there's a movie-equivalent to the website tvtunesonline.com. If you can find one, I would suggest adding movie support to the creator of the TvTunes script. My vision is that it could automatically start playing the theme when you open the video info screen of the movie.
timdog82001 Wrote:My vision is that it could automatically start playing the theme when you open the video info screen of the movie.

That should not be too hard to add, all you really need is that you have the soundtrack as an audio file (MP3 etc) in your music library. Then an option to link that file to a film and the trigger to play it is select film information.

The main thing is adding into the database to be able to link a movie entry to a music entry and an on \ off option to play it.
doesn't even need to be in the library. just a simple script very similar to the preexisting tv theme script, and a theme.mp3 in the folder for said movie. or, moviename-theme.mp3 would work if you don't use folders. point being, it doesn't have to be scanned into your music library. it's more the matter of finding a good website with movie themes, if it exists, because for my library, there's NO way i'm wasting my time manually collecting all the theme songs for all these movies for a only moderately interesting feature, imo, and I suspect a vast majority of people would feel the same way.
scott8504 Wrote:Scrappers/torrents - Basically scrapes a file you don't have in your database, it puts it in your normal libraries but marked somehow. Link it with sources for the file, and possible sources for any extras like trailers or subtitles. In torrents the ability to extract only wanted files and them be renamed.

Torrent support of any kind will most likely never happen.
Quote:Enabling 1st party support for torrents will open XBMC to lawsuits.
Right now XBMC is tolerated by the MPAA & RCAA, because of it's "I don't care how you get your files, we'll help you play them," attitude.
However, any support will cross a line that can never be uncrossed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Things I would love to see0