• 11(current)
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec
(2012-04-19, 22:42)Jarjar72 Wrote: @Beer40oz

I see that you have wisely chosen the Kingston RAM in your build. Unfortunately I bought the Corsair which is a little higher. Didn't realize this in the first place and it was to late to change my order...

https://www.digitec.ch/ProdukteDetails2....kel=207413

Do you think the Scythe cooler still fit with those RAM? Probably not, huh...?

Any workaround or other cooler suggested?

Witch cooler did you get? Yes your RAM will not fit!
You need either the one I have or this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820148559

I am going to use this Crucial on my next one!
(2012-04-20, 01:31)Beer40oz Wrote: Witch cooler did you get? Yes your RAM will not fit!
You need either the one I have or this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820148559

I am going to use this Crucial on my next one!

I didn't get an additional cooler yet. I thought I will try the boxed cooler first to see how loud it really is and if it's really annoying the getting it replaced by another.

Oh man, why could I not read a little longer then I had ordered Kingston or some other Low profile RAM.

Jarjar

yeah, we all use Kingston pretty much Tongue

its all over my htpc guide too
(2012-04-20, 16:00)Jarjar72 Wrote: I didn't get an additional cooler yet. I thought I will try the boxed cooler first to see how loud it really is and if it's really annoying the getting it replaced by another.

Jarjar
If you do these- set CPU to "Cool ‘n’ Quiet" in AsRock Bios Advance tab and set the CPU operating temperature to 50 degrees in Bios Hardware/Health Monitor tab....and you can set both CPU and case fan to level 5.......it'll be very quiet. You might not need another CPU cooler.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
True playas are not afraid of Shuriken.... lol

I have tried the cool n quiet before.... trust me I know how loud that stupid stock cooler is when it starts to go up in RPM....

yeah man, AMD stock coolers are un'acceptable...

however, stock INTEL coolers are definitely acceptable.

but INTEL GPU 24p issue is un'acceptable too...

both vendors have un'acceptable stuff to sell you...
Yes I know.... i have probably built about 30 computers on AMD and always the stock cooler sucks... its ok for desktop if you don't mind the noise.

The semptron cooler is actually ok... (i guess cuz its low watt) I just don't wana say to much here... everybody there own...
meh... even that one, no go Tongue
(2012-04-20, 22:08)eskro Wrote: but INTEL GPU 24p issue is un'acceptable too...
I thought you already read this "Intel 23.976 fps problem......." as I told you in the other thread....and you replied with "+1"......Wink

AMD FTW!!
(2012-04-20, 22:07)Beer40oz Wrote: True playas are not afraid of Shuriken.... lol
If it is free, I don't think they are afraid of it. They just don't want to pay extra money on another cooler....

(2012-04-20, 22:07)Beer40oz Wrote: I have tried the cool n quiet before.... trust me I know how loud that stupid stock cooler is when it starts to go up in RPM....
I use stock AMD cooler and case fan on my AMD HTPC, and it is very quiet with AsRock options. I have to put my ear by the case when playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio to hear it......it is dead silient from the seating area....

It was noisy without AsRock options.....

Well bluray I am just giving out my opinion.... like I said to everyone there own.

Nice to hear yours is silent.... maybe Ill try the stock again on my next one..... Smile
(2012-04-20, 23:17)Beer40oz Wrote: Well bluray I am just giving out my opinion.... like I said to everyone there own.
Understood.....

(2012-04-20, 23:17)Beer40oz Wrote: Nice to hear yours is silent.... maybe Ill try the stock again on my next one..... Smile
AsRock "Cool ‘n’ Quiet" option and set cpu/case fans level to 5 should be quieter than stock configurations.....and everything can be configured in AsRock bios.......if you are okay with overall temp, you can lower cpu/case fans level lower too....

The amd stock is not bad when i set to level 1 and 50C, I don't quite recall how loud it was on full but then the scythe 1100 is not exactly quiet on full either.

BTW I notice the asrock bios screen hw monitor is very good at stressing the cpu, when I just sits there from kill-a-watt it consumes as much power as prime for me....heh.
(2012-04-21, 00:03)waver123 Wrote: The amd stock is not bad when i set to level 1 and 50C, I don't quite recall how loud it was on full but then the scythe 1100 is not exactly quiet on full either.

BTW I notice the asrock bios screen hw monitor is very good at stressing the cpu, when I just sits there from kill-a-watt it consumes as much power as prime for me....heh.
+1.......

• 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec5