When will XBMC Eden come out?? And WHAT IS IT????
Hello
I am using XBMC for like 6 months and i have learned a few things about it.
I am using Dharma 10.1. But what is EDENHuh Is XBMC 11??
When will it come outHuh What kind of changes will it beHuh How do we update from the 10.1 to EdenHuh?
I know it is a lot of questions, sorry.

Thanks for XBMC, awesome program.

P
http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap
Holy c%#p that was a fast reply. Do you know when Eden will come out hitcherHuh

Thanks a lot.
Eden is the code name for XBMC v11.

Eden is expected to be ready for release by the end of the year.

It has lots of cool changes.

You update by installing the new version. All your old settings are carried over.
PanMan79 Wrote:Holy c%#p that was a fast reply. Do you know when Eden will come out hitcherHuh

Thanks a lot.

It's in the roadmap.

Quote:Due in 6 weeks (12/29/11)
Quote:Due in 6 weeks (12/29/11)
That would be Microsoft Time Wink When it's ready then it's ready
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Thank you all for your answers
It seems as Eden will be awesome Smile

P
well im testing the latest nightlies atm and theyre alot better than dharma atm gotta admit xD
looking at roadmap it implies support for HD codecs - but I thought I'd read that Eden wasn't going to support bitstreaming of DTS MA - Dolby THD etc ?

its the only reason I'm not currently using XBMC anymore Sad

one feature thats really needed

thanks
these options are the most important spec of my htpc, and i hope that it will be fully integrated in v11.0-

GUI Engine

◦Added support to identify DTS-HD (DTS-HD MA and DTS-HD HRA) profiles in audio stream list
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks Bluray - but I read that as "identify" - not do anything with ?
Buckster Wrote:thanks Bluray - but I read that as "identify" - not do anything with ?
that is what i read too, hence i mentioned "hope".
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
AudioEngine won't be ready in time for Eden. It'll arrive at a later date. Gnif, the developer, had real life taking time away from development, but he has resumed working on it. So it's just a matter of some more patience. DTS at full bitrate has to suffice for the moment (or convert your BDs audio to FLAC).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Awesome.
Is Eden gonna be "nicer" to the hardware?? I mean will it take as much pc-power as DharmaHuh (who says pc-power??)

P
PanMan79 Wrote:Awesome.
Is Eden gonna be "nicer" to the hardware?? I mean will it take as much pc-power as DharmaHuh (who says pc-power??)

P

Eden is actually more efficient and will work even better on machines that could "just barely" use XBMC before (and all hardware, for that matter). A lot of improvements came out of the ARM/iOS port, along with a number of other improvements/revamps done by the devs. Skins should be smoother, video hardware playback should be better (well, less bugs and improved support all-around, IIRC. No more green dot on BCHD, that's for sure.), I think interlacing is less demanding now. A bunch of stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When will XBMC Eden come out?? And WHAT IS IT????0