When will XBMC Eden come out?? And WHAT IS IT????
Ned Scott Wrote:Eden is actually more efficient and will work even better on machines that could "just barely" use XBMC before (and all hardware, for that matter). A lot of improvements came out of the ARM/iOS port, along with a number of other improvements/revamps done by the devs. Skins should be smoother, video hardware playback should be better (well, less bugs and improved support all-around, IIRC. No more green dot on BCHD, that's for sure.), I think interlacing is less demanding now. A bunch of stuff.

And all for free. Nod
Thanks for your answer NS.
It is important to know these things.
I have an Asrock ION 3D 152B:

■Intel® Atom™ D525 Dual Core Processor
■Mobile Intel® ICH8M chipset
■2GB DDR2 800MHz (i have 4)
■NVIDIA® GT218-ION Graphics, NVIDIA® 3DTV Play Capable
■7.1 CH HD Audio with DTS
■Supports ASRock XFast USB, XFast LAN Technologies

But i use a NAS, it is not in the computers internal harddrive.
So it is good to know how Eden will work.
Is it possible to use it already? on atv 2?
Hi all just a quick question does xbmc 10 or 11 play dts @ 1510kbps ? As this is a higher bitrate than DVD bit not hd audio or does xbmc down sample it to DVD quality dts

Thanks
ashlar Wrote:AudioEngine won't be ready in time for Eden. It'll arrive at a later date. Gnif, the developer, had real life taking time away from development, but he has resumed working on it. So it's just a matter of some more patience. DTS at full bitrate has to suffice for the moment (or convert your BDs audio to FLAC).

Or use the DSPlayer version or launch your files in MPC HC, which is what we all do now.
clubwerks Wrote:Or use the DSPlayer version or launch your files in MPC HC, which is what we all do now.

I do flac. Have been for about 2 years now. Started with flac because 2 years ago getting Hd bit streaming was possible but tricky. Flac just worked.
meridius Wrote:Hi all just a quick question does xbmc 10 or 11 play dts @ 1510kbps ? As this is a higher bitrate than DVD bit not hd audio or does xbmc down sample it to DVD quality dts

Thanks
It plays back DTS at all bitrates, up to and including the one you mention. Those are DVD quality specs, any DTS decoder handles that bitrate. It's just that the grand majority of DVDs do not contain audio at that quality.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:It plays back DTS at all bitrates, up to and including the one you mention. Those are DVD quality specs, any DTS decoder handles that bitrate. It's just that the grand majority of DVDs do not contain audio at that quality.

cheers
Ned Scott Wrote:Eden is actually more efficient and will work even better on machines that could "just barely" use XBMC before (and all hardware, for that matter). A lot of improvements came out of the ARM/iOS port, along with a number of other improvements/revamps done by the devs. Skins should be smoother, video hardware playback should be better (well, less bugs and improved support all-around, IIRC. No more green dot on BCHD, that's for sure.), I think interlacing is less demanding now. A bunch of stuff.

Hi there i was woundering what new improved video hardware playback will bring not to sure on what this is ? better picture quality or other ?

thanks would like to know this
Hi
I have a core i5 system with 8gb of ram but dharma always just shows 4096 (4gigs) will this be fixed in Eden?
babyinateacup Wrote:Hi
I have a core i5 system with 8gb of ram but dharma always just shows 4096 (4gigs) will this be fixed in Eden?

this depends on your O/S, 32bit can max handle 4Gig ram.. Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So I take it the old version won't work anymore once this new version comes out? Will their be instructions on how to SHSH this install to Apple TV 2? Or will the same instructions apply?
The old version(s) will work just fine regardless of this or future versions as long as you are running them on hardware that your version supports. Updating is always optional, though recommended due to performance and feature improvements. Just be very careful updating your addons as most will be updating based on the latest version, unless otherwise noted. I know people running camelot (now 2 versions ago) still. I'm quite sure there are people still running even older versions for various reasons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When will XBMC Eden come out?? And WHAT IS IT????0