WIN 7 share help needed
Hi guys,

I've a question not totally related to xbmc......I want to use xbne to manage my movie info and share the database

I need help accessing my xbmc folder on my client pc (revo 3700) from my server. I've set-up the share and can browse to the client machine/users/appdata/roaming. But when i try to select xbmc I get a permission error and can go no further.

Any advice appreciated.

M
well u can do this several ways and yes this has nothing to do with xbmc. Im assuming your server is windows also? you can do this several ways.

1. on your client pc, shar that folder specifically as a windows share and set the permissions accordingly for whatever user, read write modify full control
2. have everyone have full permissions, ( not recommended)
3. set up a share user/profile/account, i.e. same user names and passwords on both client and server and give that person the permissions to that folder and access the client pc via the server with that new username.
...or you could use xbmc as portable, so user data will be only one instance and stored under xbmc/. "xbmc.exe -p"

I have xbmc installed to C:\ServerApps\Xbmc and that is shared folder: no problems in win7 world.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIN 7 share help needed0