• 7(current)
Release script favourites
(2012-08-12, 12:38)Hitcher Wrote: Cool, but that wont help out Eden users wanting to add playlists to their favourites for custom home links.

True, but adding additional

/onclick/skin.setstring(custom.1.favourite.thumb)/onclick/

After calling favourite script might help Smile
Or was it SetImage? Either way you know what I have in mind.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm hoping this is the right place for this discussion, I believe there's an issue with script.favourites and pathsubstitution (originally posted in Quartz support thread and was pointed toward script.favourites - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1180140).

Here's what I'm running: XBMC (11.0 Git:20120321-14feb09), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 5.0.1 (Build 9A406a)). Built on Mar 21 2012 with the Quartz skin (amazing!). I'm running version 3.2.5 of script.favourites. I added the following lines into the advancedsettings.xml so that I can share the same favourites file between my ATV2 and my HTPC.

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
   <substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/favourites.xml</from>
      <to>smb://HOMEPC/Media/xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml</to>
   </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

I renamed the current favourites.xml on my ATV2 to favourites.old, restarted XBMC and confirmed that I could see the favourites list from my smb share on my ATV2 by going to XBMC -> Favourites from the home screen. However, the problem I'm having is that when I go to XBMC -> Settings -> Skin and then select the Home menus customizer, and I go to add a favorite in the menu, instead of giving me the list of favourites, I receive the error "Can Not Find favourites.xml".

As a test, I changed favourites.old back to favourites.xml on the ATV2, and repeated the same steps and was able to assign a favourite in one of the home menus. It seems that possibly the script isn't recognizing the pathsubstitution. Reviewing the log, both instances have the same log entries, see below:

19:37:12 T:121151488 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:37:13 T:107134976 ERROR: Control 3 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
19:37:19 T:107134976 ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.favourites

and

20:01:01 T:118370304 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:01:01 T:30457856 ERROR: Control 3 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
20:01:23 T:30457856 ERROR: ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.favourites

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
(2012-09-05, 16:14)f@milym@n Wrote: I'm hoping this is the right place for this discussion, I believe there's an issue with script.favourites and pathsubstitution

i'm afraid pathsubstitution doesn't work in scripts atm.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks so much for the quick response ronie! I'll see if I can find a creative way around this, I'm thinking maybe putting the SMB path directly into the default.py... otherwise will keep checking to see if any changes are made to allow for pathsubstitution. No worries though, appreciate everyone's efforts!
as of frodo, the favourites addon will only support the new feature as described in the first post.

the old way is causing (unfixable) issues on windows systems and will therefore be removed from the script.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is that why the auto-fill function no longer works ronie?
thanks for the script, even me who has no skinning experience managed to add favourites customizer to Confluence
(2012-11-16, 20:30)Hitcher Wrote: Is that why the auto-fill function no longer works ronie?

hmm.. you're passing changetitle=false to the script?
that would break it yeah..

if you omit the changetitle field it should work ok.

nonetheless, i'll fix it in the addon.
(2012-11-17, 00:35)ronie Wrote:
(2012-11-16, 20:30)Hitcher Wrote: Is that why the auto-fill function no longer works ronie?

No, just using RunScript(script.favourites) as I've always done but now the select dialog pops up and nothing gets filled.
(2012-11-17, 00:43)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-11-17, 00:35)ronie Wrote:

No, just using RunScript(script.favourites) as I've always done but now the select dialog pops up and nothing gets filled.

so you're not passing a property=foo as described in the first post?
No I just used to run RunScript(script.favourites) and it would just fill out all the following labels for me to use on the home screen.

PHP Code:
Window(home).Property(favourite.%.name)
Window(home).Property(favourite.%.thumb)
Window(home).Property(favourite.%.path

Is this the function you've removed?
(2012-11-17, 17:09)Hitcher Wrote: No I just used to run RunScript(script.favourites) and it would just fill out all the following labels for me to use on the home screen.

PHP Code:
Window(home).Property(favourite.%.name)
Window(home).Property(favourite.%.thumb)
Window(home).Property(favourite.%.path

Is this the function you've removed?

yes, that's the one i've removed.
Oh well.
(2012-11-17, 17:59)Hitcher Wrote: Oh well.

sorry Sad

i was under the impression you'd already switched to the new feature:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid938036
I was using the other method for the next Alaska so they were automatically added as submenu items to the Favourites link - good job it's not released yet.

What problems were there out of interest?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script favourites2