can i use SFTP Protocol?
Not really sure why you would go out of the way to do it but I have also mounted my shares with ssfs. I never had a problem.
I've tried this without success on ubuntu and osx running dharma rc1 binary downloads, is this an option only available after compiling from source? I tried adding the source by going to videos > Add source and typing in the server following topfs2's syntax but it errors out with "Unable to connect" on every attempt. I feel like i must be missing something obvious because i've tried entering it manually as a source in as many places/combinations i can think of without any success.
Sorry to revive an old thread.

@topfs2: is it possible to change the port XBMC uses to connect to SFTP? My web file server uses a non-standard port. Thanks.
Gonna bump this thread.. couldnt find anything regarding using a non-default port. Any help would be truly appreciated Smile
Forgot about this, looking through the source and we do not set the port. Please submit a feature request on trac and cc me.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hope I did it right (first time using trac) Smile

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11426
looks good Smile Thanks, I'll see if I find some time before eden or if someone else does. Shouldn't be that hard of a patch so also good for non-team members if they want a way into the sources (not saying you just saying incase someone reads this thread).

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Anyone know how to set public key auth inside XBMC to use sftp on windows?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can i use SFTP Protocol?0