Problem of Changing subtitles delay!
Hi, Honesty say I'm a noob...

I searched previous post about problem of changing subtitle delay, but quite confused about using advancedsettings.xml

I'm using XBMC on Mac system, how and where can I add this"<video><subsdelayrange>30</subsdelayrange></video>" ?

Can someone give me a more detailed solution about changing delay?

I saw many previous requests on changing subtitle delay to 30 seconds... Is it a very difficult thing? I like XBMC so much, but really hope someone could edit the time limit of subtitle delay in future version!

Thx So much!!!
This forum is for requesting new features for XBMC, not for support. Try asking here (http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56) and someone should be able to help you.
don't ask again, i've moved the thread.
YodaEXE Wrote:This forum is for requesting new features for XBMC, not for support. Try asking here (http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=56) and someone should be able to help you.

thank you!

Sorry this is my first time post. I searched similar problem post and found it was in this forum before so....

Thanks anyway!
Hi, Honesty say I'm a noob...

I searched previous post about problem of changing subtitle delay, but quite confused about using advancedsettings.xml

I'm using XBMC on Mac system, how and where can I add this"<video><subsdelayrange>30</subsdelayrange></video>" ?

Can someone give me a more detailed solution about changing delay?

I saw many previous requests on changing subtitle delay to 30 seconds... Is it a very difficult thing? I like XBMC so much, but really hope someone could edit the time limit of subtitle delay in future version!

Thx So much!!!
First locate your profile directory. The Wiki article http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profile_directory explains where this is. If you're using OSX the directory is /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/ where <username> is your OSX username. Within this directory will be a directory called userdata, and it's in this userdata directory that you need to create a text file called advancedsettings.xml.

I don't know OSX so this is inevitably a bit vague, but you need to open whatever text editor OSX uses, and copy and paste the following into it;

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <subsdelayrange>30</subsdelayrange>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Save the file to the userdata folder with the name advancedsettings.xml.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:First locate your profile directory. The Wiki article http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profile_directory explains where this is. If you're using OSX the directory is /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/ where <username> is your OSX username. Within this directory will be a directory called userdata, and it's in this userdata directory that you need to create a text file called advancedsettings.xml.

I don't know OSX so this is inevitably a bit vague, but you need to open whatever text editor OSX uses, and copy and paste the following into it;

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

JR

Thanks a lot for your help!

I did what you said but it seems the subtitle delay doesn't change...still 10 sec. I used TextEdit to create a xml file and paste the code. And put it in the folder of userdata...

There are several other xml file in this folder, like profiles.xml, source.xml, LCD.xml. Is this the one you said?

Will the range change into +/-30 sec if everything is ok?

Thx a lot
jhsrennie Wrote:First locate your profile directory. The Wiki article http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Profile_directory explains where this is. If you're using OSX the directory is /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/ where <username> is your OSX username. Within this directory will be a directory called userdata, and it's in this userdata directory that you need to create a text file called advancedsettings.xml.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

JR

Btw, I am wondering whether you can create this xml for me? It seems the code changed after I saved it as xml. Sorry to trouble you ...

I'll be really appreciated if you can send it to me by email. My email: [email protected]

Thx !
You don't need to make changes in advancedsettings.xml to adjust subtitles delays. While playing a movie you can change the subtitle delay for that specific movie. Also the delay you set up for that movie will be stored for the next time you play this video. This is how to do it:

- Press "M" on the keyboard or if you are using a remote control depending on your configuration press the "menu" button or the "ok" button for a few seconds;
- Will appear a menu with many button controls, navigate to the button with the audio logo and press it;
- Then press the menu "subtitle position", you will be able to adjust the subtitle delay.

Or you can also edit the .srt file using a subtitle editor, I prefer doing that because if I will watch this movie in another XBMC system or another player then the delay will be already adjusted. In my iMac I use Jubler for editing .srt.
ImageImage
... unless it's outside of 10 seconds. Then you need to add the range to advanced settings.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
AlessandroSS Wrote:You don't need to make changes in advancedsettings.xml to adjust subtitles delays. While playing a movie you can change the subtitle delay for that specific movie. Also the delay you set up for that movie will be stored for the next time you play this video. This is how to do it:

- Press "M" on the keyboard or if you are using a remote control depending on your configuration press the "menu" button or the "ok" button for a few seconds;
- Will appear a menu with many button controls, navigate to the button with the audio logo and press it;
- Then press the menu "subtitle position", you will be able to adjust the subtitle delay.

Or you can also edit the .srt file using a subtitle editor, I prefer doing that because if I will watch this movie in another XBMC system or another player then the delay will be already adjusted. In my iMac I use Jubler for editing .srt.

This software is great, I like it very much! But could you pls tell me how I can set a delay for all of subtitle, I can only edit it one by one...Huh
rossi86218 Wrote:This software is great, I like it very much! But could you pls tell me how I can set a delay for all of subtitle, I can only edit it one by one...Huh

I do like this, not sure if there's a better way:
- Select all subtitles (click on the first subtitle, maintain shift key pressed and then click on the last);
- Then select in the menu Tools > Time shift (mine is in Portuguese, not sure if the translation of this menu is as I wrote...);
- Will appear a window where you can define a time to shift forward or backward for all subtitles you selected.

There's a built-in player so you can verify if the changes you made sync with the movie, you need to install Mplayer that is available from Jubler's site.
ImageImage
It is the folder with profiles.xml, source.xml, LCD.xml etc in it, so you have the correct folder. If you look in /Users/<username>/Library/Logs you'll see a file called xbmc.log. This is the log file XBMC generates when it runs, and if you open it in TextEdit you'll see whether XBMC is loading your advancedsettings.xml. For example in my log I see:

Code:
NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
          <advancedsettings>
            <loglevel>1</loglevel>
          </advancedsettings>

If there's a problem with the advancedsettings.xml the log will tell you so.

I can't send you an advancedsettings.xml because I don't have a Mac. If I create the file in Windows it will have the wrong line endings.

JR
WTH? it's just a text file ending in .xml

Use TextEdit.app and make sure it is a plain text document.
jhsrennie Wrote:It is the folder with profiles.xml, source.xml, LCD.xml etc in it, so you have the correct folder. If you look in /Users/<username>/Library/Logs you'll see a file called xbmc.log. This is the log file XBMC generates when it runs, and if you open it in TextEdit you'll see whether XBMC is loading your advancedsettings.xml. For example in my log I see:

Code:
NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
          <advancedsettings>
            <loglevel>1</loglevel>
          </advancedsettings>

If there's a problem with the advancedsettings.xml the log will tell you so.

I can't send you an advancedsettings.xml because I don't have a Mac. If I create the file in Windows it will have the wrong line endings.

JR

Code:
10:33:08 T:2691466560 M:5146226688   ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, no <advancedsettings> node

it seems it doesn't work....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem of Changing subtitles delay!0