Need som help with this!
well im using the alaska revisited mod and have some troubles..

ive choosen the destination when i used "import library", the usb-disc (F:/) where i have almost all of my movies.. but still i can only see 253 out of 344 movies when im in the "movies-page" (where i can see all covers, and choose which movie to play)

now why is this.. hmm?

do i have to do anything more than set the folder for "import library" to F:/ ?

i got all movies in the root of F:/ (and each movie in a separate folder)

also.. is it possible to hide the "THE" that sometimes comes before a movie, example "the maiden heist" to only be "maiden heist" - using a setting in the xbmc-skin.. because i need the "THE" in the file-moviename so that tmdb.org can scrap it as it should.
It doesn't "hide" it, it ignores it in sort.

Your folder should be named "The Maiden Heist (Year)" or "The.Maiden.Heist (Year)". If you don't include the year, it's not always going to scrape properly. If you include the year and the EXACT spelling of the movie in the folder name and set your source to use folder name lookup, it will scrape 99.9% of your movies correctly.
clubwerks Wrote:It doesn't "hide" it, it ignores it in sort.

Your folder should be named "The Maiden Heist (Year)" or "The.Maiden.Heist (Year)". If you don't include the year, it's not always going to scrape properly. If you include the year and the EXACT spelling of the movie in the folder name and set your source to use folder name lookup, it will scrape 99.9% of your movies correctly.

Okey, so i doesnt matter what file-name the movie has?
as long as its in the correct folder according to tmdb.org?

the name that appears in xbmc (when i see all the covers from the movies), will it be taken from tmdb?

or can i choose that name myself, by naming the movie-file...?
(still having the movie-file in the folder named with title+year)

also.. one more thing, i have a lot of movies with "the" in the title. Right now it will be like the following:

The Heist
Hellboy
and so on..

you se? it wont sort containing "the", but its still there in the movie-name. Is there a way to realy hide "the" on all movies that has it in the file-name?

I would like to have it like:

Heist (not with "the" in it)
Hellboy

but i dont know how to change that in this skin :/
najkks Wrote:Okey, so i doesnt matter what file-name the movie has?
as long as its in the correct folder according to tmdb.org?

the name that appears in xbmc (when i see all the covers from the movies), will it be taken from tmdb?

or can i choose that name myself, by naming the movie-file...?
(still having the movie-file in the folder named with title+year)

also.. one more thing, i have a lot of movies with "the" in the title. Right now it will be like the following:

The Heist
Hellboy
and so on..

you se? it wont sort containing "the", but its still there in the movie-name. Is there a way to realy hide "the" on all movies that has it in the file-name?

Hellboy

You've got a lot of questions in there.

If you use folder lookup, the name of the movie doesn't matter in the least. It could be named movie.mkv and it will still scrape because the folder is named properly.

The name that appears in XBMC will be taken from the scraper, along with all the info that shows up.

The movies would appear like this:

The Heist
Hellboy

The "the" will still be there, but it will be ignored in sorting.
najkks Wrote:also.. one more thing, i have a lot of movies with "the" in the title. Right now it will be like the following:

The Heist
Hellboy
and so on..

Hellboy

You can have all the titles with "The" sorted with titles beginning "T" if you wish

You can edit the title from the XBMC GUI just hit "C" on your keyboard while on the movie, other options are to use nfo's or XWMM the later probably the easiest method if you have lots to do
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
It's not a skin option.

Go to settings>appearance>file list>ignore articles when sorting and check it off.
>>X<<' Wrote:You can have all the titles with "The" sorted with titles beginning "T" if you wish

You can edit the title from the XBMC GUI just hit "C" on your keyboard while on the movie, other options are to use nfo's or XWMM the later probably the easiest method if you have lots to do

Okey, so of i edit the movie-name right there in xbmc (using c) it will not mess up scraping thru tmdb.org? because the folder-name is still the same.

for example "the maiden heist", if i rename that in xbmc to "maiden heist", it will show up in along with the other movies starting with the letter "H" and i will no longer se the "THE" in front of those movies ?
clubwerks Wrote:It's not a skin option.

Go to settings>appearance>file list>ignore articles when sorting and check it off.

Hi again club... Smile

well.. ive checked that box, but according to the earlier writer im going to edit the movies right in xbmc to get rid of "THE" in front of the titles.

when ive choosen the option "ignore articles" it does not hide the word "THE", it mearly skips sorting the titles by "THE"-word.

anyway.. i still cant get why not all of my movies are showing in xbmc
(this is in the "movie-cover-mode") where i can see all movies and play them..

i did rename ALL of the movies (in windows explorer) according to tmdb.org (using exactly the same spelling as they do there) wih capital letters exactly as they do just to be sure that it will "find" correct movie-info.

conclusion... im still missing about 70-80 movies or so... :/

Edit:.

finaly i found the option for reaching the moviefiles-library (the view as in explorer),
and here i can update, put a new search-directory etc.

when i press "C" on my existing usb-disc (the one with movies on) i get some options.. i went with "set content"

but a question, what does these options mean; "scan recursively" / "exclude path from library updates" ?

after i press "ok" i get the question if i want to clean/update (or something like that) and i press "ok" again..

first its cleaning something, and when i starts searching for new content i get the:

"could not download info. unable to connect to remote server" and if i choose continue it just appears again, and again...

so as we speak i do not see a single movie in the "movie-index-page" where i should see all my movie-covers :/
najkks Wrote:Okey, so of i edit the movie-name right there in xbmc (using c) it will not mess up scraping thru tmdb.org? because the folder-name is still the same.

for example "the maiden heist", if i rename that in xbmc to "maiden heist", it will show up in along with the other movies starting with the letter "H" and i will no longer se the "THE" in front of those movies ?

Sorry I should have been more clear you leave file names alone and you edit the title in library mode after you have scraped your movies this changes the title in the database, if you have a lot to do use XWMM

You might want to look here for answers to your other questions

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ia_Sources
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
najkks Wrote:Hi again club... Smile

well.. ive checked that box, but according to the earlier writer im going to edit the movies right in xbmc to get rid of "THE" in front of the titles.

when ive choosen the option "ignore articles" it does not hide the word "THE", it mearly skips sorting the titles by "THE"-word.

anyway.. i still cant get why not all of my movies are showing in xbmc
(this is in the "movie-cover-mode") where i can see all movies and play them..

i did rename ALL of the movies (in windows explorer) according to tmdb.org (using exactly the same spelling as they do there) wih capital letters exactly as they do just to be sure that it will "find" correct movie-info.

conclusion... im still missing about 70-80 movies or so... :/

Edit:.

finaly i found the option for reaching the moviefiles-library (the view as in explorer),
and here i can update, put a new search-directory etc.

when i press "C" on my existing usb-disc (the one with movies on) i get some options.. i went with "set content"

but a question, what does these options mean; "scan recursively" / "exclude path from library updates" ?

after i press "ok" i get the question if i want to clean/update (or something like that) and i press "ok" again..

first its cleaning something, and when i starts searching for new content i get the:

"could not download info. unable to connect to remote server" and if i choose continue it just appears again, and again...

so as we speak i do not see a single movie in the "movie-index-page" where i should see all my movie-covers :/

I don't know what to make of this. Just use EMM or something to make nfos for all your movies.
clubwerks Wrote:I don't know what to make of this. Just use EMM or something to make nfos for all your movies.

Okey, let me write like this..

right now i cant "scrap" or what its called.

i can choose the drive that contains my movies,
but i only get the "error" when it tries to update/search for movies

YES i can see all movies in the file-manager where i had to go to be able to choose which drive i wanted to use (where all my movies are)
>>X<<' Wrote:Sorry I should have been more clear you leave file names alone and you edit the title in library mode after you have scraped your movies this changes the title in the database, if you have a lot to do use XWMM

You might want to look here for answers to your other questions

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ia_Sources

Yes well i figured that out.. and its not an issue anymore Smile

but right now.. god damn.. i only get the "error connecting to remote server" when i try to update/scrap from the drive containing all my movies... if i go to the drive where i have my movies - i can see all of them there (this is not in library mode). The thing is that iw wont let me scrap, and get all the movies (with fanart/covers etc) into library mode..

why is this? ive tried it several times (about 10 now)

ive followed the guide from the url you posted to..
Take a look here and follow the advice in post 3 see if that works

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113687
>>X<<' Wrote:Take a look here and follow the advice in post 3 see if that works

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113687

well youtube wasnt installed, but now ive fixed that..

the first 5-6 movies is updated good.. but soon the same error appears again, and when i press "continue" it scans 2-3 movies, and then the error reappear again..

god damn.. why is it so hard to get this working properly!?
Uninstall the YouTube add-on and reinstall it again should be your first move and restart xbmc after

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need som help with this!0