windows 7 XBMC 'working flawlessly'... from slelep... really?
I have Win7+XBMC installed on my ER1401.. everything is fine. navigation with fanart including DDS enabled is clunky but whatever.. EXCEPT:

waking from sleep, playback is crap. I need to always close XBMC and restart it if I want flawless playback. it only takes about 5 seconds but its annoying.a ny solutions??
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
aoaaron Wrote:I have Win7+XBMC installed on my ER1401.. everything is fine. navigation with fanart including DDS enabled is clunky but whatever.. EXCEPT:

waking from sleep, playback is crap. I need to always close XBMC and restart it if I want flawless playback. it only takes about 5 seconds but its annoying.a ny solutions??
maybe, it suffered from sleep deprivation! Blush

it might help by selecting "balance" power option in w7 control panel and set hard drive to turn off 2 minutes before sleep in the advance power settings. it's a nettop, but it used mostly laptop component. my wife/kid laptops suffered stutter playback with other power options other than "balance".

if that doesn't help, you try a couple more things:
I. make sure that your video driver is up to date
II. Perform "Clean Boot"-
a. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
b. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
c. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
d. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
e. Click OK.
f. When you are prompted, click Restart.
g. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.

good luck!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
This is a known bug, there is no fix planned.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69245
voochi Wrote:This is a known bug, there is no fix planned.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69245
try post #2 first! if it doesn't work, you can always set it back and it'll not going harm anything.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:try post #2 first! if it doesn't work, you can always set it back and it'll not going harm anything.

Try post #3 first.

It is a known bug related to DirectX, it has been occuring for 2 years and there is no fix. Only workarounds such as programs to automatically quit & restart XBMC upon wake.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows 7 XBMC 'working flawlessly'... from slelep... really?0