TV mounted Bedroom HTPC
Hi all,

Been enjoying my dedicated htpc and with the renovation of the house is nearing it's end, there has been some unexpected changes. The living room where the HTPC and HDTV would be located has been re-purposed to be a formal dining room, and the new living room doesn't have an ideal place to put the HDTV (not unless i'll mount it to a window Big Grin ). So I decided to throw the TV to the master bedroom and use a retractable screen and projector for the living room (that way, the window won't be a problem). So my next project would be is an HTPC that is small enough that I can just attach at the back of the TV. Currently, I have the Zbox, ATV1/2 or Zotac Nano on my list as possible HTPC. I don't really have any first hand experience regarding those boxes and would like to ask for some info, input or other suggestion which can be mounted at the back of a 47" HDTV.

Since it's just a bedroom HTPC, 3D, 5.1/7.1 surround is not required (but still good to have 'em available). I think 1080p is also just a plus and can settle for 720p playback.
WhiteLighter Wrote:Hi all,

Been enjoying my dedicated htpc and with the renovation of the house is nearing it's end, there has been some unexpected changes. The living room where the HTPC and HDTV would be located has been re-purposed to be a formal dining room, and the new living room doesn't have an ideal place to put the HDTV (not unless i'll mount it to a window Big Grin ). So I decided to throw the TV to the master bedroom and use a retractable screen and projector for the living room (that way, the window won't be a problem). So my next project would be is an HTPC that is small enough that I can just attach at the back of the TV. Currently, I have the Zbox, ATV1/2 or Zotac Nano on my list as possible HTPC. I don't really have any first hand experience regarding those boxes and would like to ask for some info, input or other suggestion which can be mounted at the back of a 47" HDTV.

Since it's just a bedroom HTPC, 3D, 5.1/7.1 surround is not required (but still good to have 'em available). I think 1080p is also just a plus and can settle for 720p playback.

I use an acer revo (link in my sig). This is mounted to the back of my TV. Not much bigger than a modem / router.
WhiteLighter Wrote:I think 1080p is also just a plus and can settle for 720p playback.

If 1080p is just a bonus then the ATV2 is probably the cheapest 720p box you can buy.
tyersch Wrote:If 1080p is just a bonus then the ATV2 is probably the cheapest 720p box you can buy.

Yes, I was actually eying for the ATV2.

Quote:I use an acer revo (link in my sig). This is mounted to the back of my TV. Not much bigger than a modem / router.

the acer revo looks good. Just wondering, which is better ION2 or HD6250 or HD6310?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV mounted Bedroom HTPC0