• 10(current)
[Micro-ATX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article922-page1.html
http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/articl...z1lUD4BbPW
Alot of pictures there. On a side note, as long as you keep the load low the noise and temp will be low but if you plan to do a dual role NAS/HTPC with alot of HDD I would go with one of the other units.
SebasMiles Wrote:http://www.silentpcreview.com/article922-page1.html
http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/articl...z1lUD4BbPW
Alot of pictures there. On a side note, as long as you keep the load low the noise and temp will be low but if you plan to do a dual role NAS/HTPC with alot of HDD I would go with one of the other units.

Thanks Miles. Good review of PSU. All-in-all I think for the reduced noise, low heat, small size, good performance, and $60 price tag, this may be the best PSU in its class for an HTPC using most microATX cases. I guess I should not have been surprised that it's highly unlikely the 12V rails listed on the specifications are really separate, but of course I did not realized there was no instructions about which connectors are part of which line. All PSUs I've owned with separate 12V rails identify the associated connectors. Don't think there is a standard on this, but one could make some educated guesses. In any event, the review was only mildly critical about this and while the "Value 430 is not exceptional" electrically speaking, it should provide "fine power delivery for most midrange systems". For me the critical benefit would be solving the space problem behind where I hope to mount a standard size BD drive in my ML03B case. Guess I will just have to wait and see if I can do it with the Seasonic I ordered.
TeKo Wrote:I dont have an BR drive but I think its also not as long as a normal drive so you dont get trouble with the modular PSU and Sata drive connector.
You dont really need space for SSD only if you want to use 2.
You can mount one right next to the PSU.

1 HDD with antivibration thingys under the drive and 1 HDD on the black thing + 1 HDD with antibibration instead of a BR drive.
So a total of 1x 2.5" and 2-3x 3.5".

Its a real pain to mount all the stuff cause you have to screw them from the bottom but once its all setup it looks really clean inside.

On the pictures he removed the metal bar in the. I think with it the Cooler wouldnt fit in.

TeKo - Can you tell me how much space there would be between back of PSU (mine is 5.12" deep) and back of optical drive if you were to mount a full size drive (typically 6.75" from front of face plate) in the 5.25" bay in the ML03B?
Just did some calculations. If I'm right the only difference in depth between this Nexus Value 430 and the Seasonic M12II 520 that I ordered is 5mm. For almost the same money, I'll stick with the higher overall quality of the Seasonic even if it's a bit loader. Fan in Seasonic also much better and that alone offsets the noise difference if any!
maybe this helps.
centimeter and a crappy cam.
TeKo Wrote:Image
maybe this helps.
centimeter and a crappy cam.

Thanks a bunch TeKo. I should be good with Seasonic at 13cm.

Btw, do I need the SILVERSTONE SDP08 to mount the SSD, or can I mount in ML03B w/o it?
Nope just 4 screws through the bottom.
Mount the HDDs/SSDs before the other parts its a real pain with a PSU+mobo and all the cables in the case to mount them.

Everything is setup to mount 2.5" or 3.5" so you can use 1-4 2.5" or 1 2.5" and a mix of 3 2.5" and 3.5".
TeKo - Looking at your picture and standard depth of BD drive, I estimate back of drive would be about at the 16cm mark. With the Seasonic PSU at about the 13cm, I should have 3cm to work with. Depending on where the cables come out from the PSU and how easily I can bend them 90 degrees, I should be OK. Of course 90 degree connectors to BD drive will prevent any issues there.
TeKo - What version of Win 7 (if any) did you install (home, pro, ultimate)?
Pro because I got some keys for free from msdnaa.
TeKo Wrote:Pro because I got some keys for free from msdnaa.

How did you manage that? Any left? Big Grin
Does anyone know if OpenELEC is still a no-go on this machine? The wiki etc over there isn't all that great :/
(2012-04-03, 14:29)dannycorker Wrote: Does anyone know if OpenELEC is still a no-go on this machine? The wiki etc over there isn't all that great :/
You can always install this one ASUS GT520-1GD3-CSM GeForce GT 520 in it to run OpenElec......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-03, 16:01)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 14:29)dannycorker Wrote: Does anyone know if OpenELEC is still a no-go on this machine? The wiki etc over there isn't all that great :/
You can always install this one ASUS GT520-1GD3-CSM GeForce GT 520 in it to run OpenElec......

I built the machine some time ago, running Windows on it. Just checking if OpenELEC is an option yet, seems easier than having everything running on top of Windows!
I would set up a wide range of this quiet fan (11dBA disturbance stage max is un-believable) in it. The freezing the situation place the better for all the factor in it.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Micro-ATX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D1