• 4(current)
[Micro-ATX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
Balinus Wrote:The connector is only 3 pin though. So I'm guessing it might be hard ti slow down the fan to usable levels for an HTPC.
It's rated 29.5dBA at 2900rpm, but I doubt that it will ever rev to 2900rpm to keep the PCU cool.

If you want to pay a little more for a lower 29.1dBA at higher 3700rpm CPU fan, you can go for this one- Thermaltake CL-P0303 Cooler for Intel Xeon Dempsey 2U Active Solution. This fan has 4 wires.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Just looked at thelmaltake CPU cooler... this one looks really nice (47mm tall, just like the A6-3500 heatsink) : http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.as...51&ID=1862
Balinus Wrote:Just looked at thelmaltake CPU cooler... this one looks really nice (47mm tall, just like the A6-3500 heatsink) : http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.as...51&ID=1862
For a bigger footprint and slightly more money, the 16dBA at 1700rpm in your link seem to be a very good choice.
bluray Wrote:For a bigger footprint and slightly more money, the 16dBA at 1700rpm in your link seem to be a very good choice.

I think I'm gonna buy one (after christmas though!)... reviews are really good on this HSF. For HTPC duty of course...
Actually right now, I am ok with the CPU fan

I enabled the automatic fan speed control in bios (set the target speed to '1' and the target temp to 50C) and the cpu fan seems pretty quiet

The noise is coming from the enermax at full speed...I only have one of my two plugged in and it is too loud...and the bios doesn't seem to slow it down (I think it wants a PWM fan since the chassis fan connector is 4-pin). I'll put my fanmate in there or try a 5v or 7v mod.

Might not have to buy the Shuriken (that thermaltake looks pretty sweet...but the shuriken fits in this case fine, costs less, and takes a slightly larger fan)
yeah, a FAN SPEED REDUCER CABLE is an easy fix!
Mine is running pretty damn silent with the cpu fan speed control enabled in bios and the stock cooler (I know I set it to target speed 1, but can't remember what I set target CPU temp to...55C maybe). I'm running one of the enermax case fans with a zalman fanmate2 and I set it to just below the point where I can hear it (the bios control with the low-RPM enermax didn't want to spin it low enough). I have another fan in the case so I might try linking both to the zalman or 5/7V modding them...but for now one fan is keeping temps low enough.

Just a heads up--Win7 does NOT like the usb3 ports. There is a windows update that fixes them, but you can't use them to install...you have to plug your keyboard/mouse into either the two USB2 ports on the back or into front ports connected to the USB headers. Once you get all of the windows updates applied, the USB3 ports will work (this seems to be a known issue...only solution is to install the drivers from windows update)
What's the minimum PSU you should use with this APU?
80w
Hey,
Any problems with that board?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-A75M-UD2H

I thought about getting that instead of the Asrock because of the internal USB3.
what do u mean?
Can I turn it on with a USB IR?
Its hard to find anything.
It has On/Off Charge Technology that should mean that I can power it on by USB since most new boards have WO-USB?
oh ok, well, never bought/used that gigabyte motherboard.
i cant confirm something i dont know, sorry
TeKo Wrote:Hey,
Any problems with that board?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-A75M-UD2H

I thought about getting that instead of the Asrock because of the internal USB3.
This one is- ASRock A75M FM1 AMD, because AsRock included "On/Off Play Technology" in their bios/USB for MCE IR/Remote.
page is down atm.

Iam not 100% sure but I think Asrock CIR only works with their Smart Remote and only with front USB (CIR is next to internal USB and you have to take pins from usb and from CIR).
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Micro-ATX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D1