• 4(current)
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
jonesec Wrote:yes, thanks for the ideas. I added the 40mm tall Scythe Kozuti CPU fan. The mi-008 case is bit too large for my needs though. I'm not using a 3.5" HDD or optical drive, so there's tons of space in the front. I'm going to put this exact system into an M350 with 120w picoPSU. Hope it fits! I'll take pics.

How's the kozuti? Been thinking about the HSF. Thanks!
Just thought this thread on another forum I go on has some real good info for people.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthr...t=18360592

In there the guy has overclocked it, tried a high bit rate 8bit mkv, a 720p 10bit mkv and shows the temps it's running at.
Balinus Wrote:How's the kozuti? Been thinking about the HSF. Thanks!
The Kozuti arrived in the mail last night. When I tried to screw the metal plates onto the heatsink they wouldn't screw in completely. I read about this problem in the reviews, so I tried to "muscle" the screws down but they stripped. So the heatsink was loosely sitting on the cpu. I RMA'd it for a refund. I've reattached the stock AMD heatsink and changed it's speed to level 1 in the bios. It's quiet and CPU stays cool enough with a 120mm case fan.
fantastic thread saitrix, FC8 case and A6-3500 is heaven on earth!
eskro Wrote:fantastic thread saitrix, FC8 case and A6-3500 is heaven on earth!

I was impressed at the idle power usage even when overclocked to 3.65ghz.
I cannot find the Apex MI-008 anywhere in Europe .
Any recommended alternatives?
henningdalgaard Wrote:I cannot find the Apex MI-008 anywhere in Europe .

UK? Italy? Germany?
denmark
First off want to say thanks for this thread. It's so annoying buying computer parts. I know some people think thats part of the fun but I hate it. Having to make sure all the parts are compatible and finding a good price etc. The first couple times I built a PC it was fun now I'm done with that.

Now I have a few questions.

1. For my fileserver what is the best way to have it running while still being able to access the files when I need it and saving power. For example if I put it in hibernate would my HTPC still be able to use it. I'll be using server 2008.

I was going to combine my HTPC and file server but my job has so many old towers just sitting in the basement that I might as well build one. I see no reason they wont give it to me for free there just sitting in the basement.

2. HD's does anyone know if the prices are going to drop more and if so how soon? I'm in not in an immediate need for HD's but I will be soon enough but I can easily wait if I'll save a good amount of money.

3. What is the easiest way to move files onto my media server. I download almost all my media file at work or using my phone. What is the best/hassle free way of moving files onto my media server?

4. Is there an option to have shows play in shuffle mode/random order? For example I have all the episodes or How I met your mother and The big band theory. On my current setup (which is not convenient at all and was always meant to be temporary. I use my mouse and click the shuffle button on VLC. Is it possible to set it up so that when I click how I met your mother it just plays episodes randomly and continuously.
Question 
I am currently creating an order for this setup. Can anyone recommend an optimal sata cable length for an SSD in the 3.5" external drive bay area?
method115 Wrote:1. For my fileserver what is the best way to have it running while still being able to access the files when I need it and saving power. For example if I put it in hibernate would my HTPC still be able to use it. I'll be using server 2008.

Hibernate won't work. I think the most you can do is have your hard-drives spin-down when not in use. The goal is to design your server using parts that use as little energy as possible so that it can be running 24/7.

method115 Wrote:2. HD's does anyone know if the prices are going to drop more and if so how soon? I'm in not in an immediate need for HD's but I will be soon enough but I can easily wait if I'll save a good amount of money.

No one knows for sure, but recent statements from HD manufacturers have said they don't expect the prices to go down for 1-2 years.

method115 Wrote:3. What is the easiest way to move files onto my media server. I download almost all my media file at work or using my phone. What is the best/hassle free way of moving files onto my media server?

Can you not download directly to your server?

method115 Wrote:4. Is there an option to have shows play in shuffle mode/random order? For example I have all the episodes or How I met your mother and The big band theory. On my current setup (which is not convenient at all and was always meant to be temporary. I use my mouse and click the shuffle button on VLC. Is it possible to set it up so that when I click how I met your mother it just plays episodes randomly and continuously.

Yes, I use an XBMC add-on I love called PseudoTV which creates a bunch of channels for you which will play whatever you want randomly. Specific genres, networks, programs, etc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738
Quote:The big band theory.
? Rofl
This will be my first time building a computer of any kind. The guide by Eskro is great and I've used it to put my list together, some restrictions as I am in Indonesia and the case I have chosen is the only one I could find from those recommended.
Just want to check that the following combination will work for me and that it will be fairly straightforward to put together?
Need it to play blu ray iso's and 1080p mkvs off external hdds and output both dts from optical and hd audio through hdmi . OS: Will be using W7.

[mini-ITX] Thermaltake Element Q (220W Internal PSU included) (

Motherboard [MOBO] ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 CIR USB3.0 SATAIII UEFI mITX

Processor [CPU+iGPU] AMD A6-3500 3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz HD6530D FM1 65W

Fan [FAN] SilenX EFX-12-15 120mm 1400RPM 74CFM 15dBA ($12 + $3)

RAM: (4GB) 2x2GB DDR3 1333 CL9 1.5V] KINGSTON HyperX BLU

SSD: [SSD: 32GB] Patriot Torqx-2 2.5" SATAII Trim Read:270MB/s Write:230MB/s

TP - Link 300 Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter, 3 Antenna - TL-WN951N

Logitech Wireless Keyboard K400

Cheers and thanks again for the great guide!
dino.

(2012-01-23, 14:57)henningdalgaard Wrote: I cannot find the Apex MI-008 anywhere in Europe .

There are many "clones" around:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product.as...21&id=1896
http://www.spire-corp.com/main/product_d...ProdID=826
http://nilox.com/scheda/nilox/01MI302553001.htm
http://www.jcp-tech.de/en/products/mini-...06262.html

I prefer silverstone case Sugo 05
Hello,

It is the time to build my "small" htpc. The life never is easy, and I have two small problem for my idea.

My idea is to buy:

[Case] - Silverstone Grandia GD05 Desktop

[MOBO] - ASRock A75 Pro4-M AMD A75 So.FM1 Dual

[CPU+iGPU] - AMD A6 Series A6-3500 3x 2.10GHz So.FM1

[Cooling system] - Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B SCBSK-2100

[RAM] - 4GB Kingston HyperX Intel DDR3-1600 DIMM

[SSD]: 32GB Patriot Torqx-2 2.5" SATAII Trim Read:270MB/s Write:230MB/s

PSU...

and PSU is first my problem... which PSU is ok for this htpc?? Somebody will help me and write which PSU I can buy? (The best from this site www.mindfactory.de)
second problem is: Will Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B SCBSK-2100 fit to mobo + case?? (in future I plan blue-ray reader)

Thank you for helps...
BR
Jankes

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D3