• 5(current)
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
(2012-03-26, 19:01)jankes Wrote: Hello,

and PSU is first my problem... which PSU is ok for this htpc?? Somebody will help me and write which PSU I can buy? (The best from this site www.mindfactory.de)
second problem is: Will Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B SCBSK-2100 fit to mobo + case?? (in future I plan blue-ray reader)

Thank you for helps...
BR
Jankes
I tried to look for it in your website, but I cannot understand it. If you check in Silverstone website and click the recommendation, you'll see the exact size of PSU (it is standard ATX PS/2).....Silverstone Grandia GD05
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-03-26, 19:34)bluray Wrote: I tried to look for it in your website, but I cannot understand it. If you check in Silverstone website and click the recommendation, you'll see the exact size of PSU (it is standard ATX PS/2).....Silverstone Grandia GD05
Ehh... Ok I understand you I have the same problem with understanding german language Wink. Even than I have idea to buy:
350W be quiet! Pure Power L7 80+ Bronze.
This PSU have good opinion. I hope this will be ok.

Anyway 'bluray' thank you for your help.. you are the best Smile

(2012-03-26, 20:16)jankes Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 19:34)bluray Wrote: I tried to look for it in your website, but I cannot understand it. If you check in Silverstone website and click the recommendation, you'll see the exact size of PSU (it is standard ATX PS/2).....Silverstone Grandia GD05
Ehh... Ok I understand you I have the same problem with understanding german language Wink. Even than I have idea to buy:
350W be quiet! Pure Power L7 80+ Bronze.
This PSU have good opinion. I hope this will be ok.

Anyway 'bluray' thank you for your help.. you are the best Smile
If it is ATX PS/2, it should be fine.....and 350w should be plenty!

Hello all and thanks Eskro for all the great HTPC hardware threads. I put together this spec together last night and have a few questions:

1.) While sitting in a BIOS screen or just a non operating system prompt (before i installed windows 7) the power supply was feeling very hot and was around 60C and climbing. After i installed win 7 i was seeing around 30-40C temps. What is the normal operating temps for this combo and what software can i use while in windows to monitor. In xbmc the system properties shows nothing next to the CPU temp display.

2.) I was hoping this was going to be a quiet machine but its actually quite loud. what other things can i do to quiet this down. I purchased a 120 mm fan but have not installed it yet. What about the BIOS settings for the cpu / case fan speeds, by default they are set to all on, is it safe to enable the automatic mode?

3.) Where is the best spot for the case fan? i have a 3.5 HD in the side rail already. I tried to install the fan in the front left position but the case would not close properly. Where do you attach and how?

4.) the support website has a bunch of utilities for fast USB and fast memory. Should they be installed?

Thanks all..
1) i use HWMonitor. but u can use SpeedFAN too.
i wouldnt feel safe if my CPU would go higher then 80C.

2) its loud because the CPU cooler is loud.
all AMD coolers are loud to me.
use SpeedFAN to lower the CPU fan to about %50...

3) Image

4) its up to you.
Thanks!

I got the case fan installed, i put in a cooler master not the silenx, couldnt get it to fit exactly where you have it, mine fits more towards the middle. Also added a fanmate2 and set it to the slowest setting. Then set the cpu fan to 50% with SpeedFAN. Its much quieter now but still slightly annoying in a bedroom. Do you think the SilenX fan is much quieter than the rest?
(2012-03-28, 20:20)eruji Wrote: Thanks!

I got the case fan installed, i put in a cooler master not the silenx, couldnt get it to fit exactly where you have it, mine fits more towards the middle. Also added a fanmate2 and set it to the slowest setting. Then set the cpu fan to 50% with SpeedFAN. Its much quieter now but still slightly annoying in a bedroom. Do you think the SilenX fan is much quieter than the rest?
The best location for the fan is at the location in the photo posted by eSkro....and that is the photo of my APEX MI-008 case and the SilenX case fan. There isn't case fan quieter than SilenX. I cannot hear it from a couple feet away.....

Here is the link for that SilenX---Silenx IXP7409 iXtrema Pro Fan. It can generate 38 CFM at 9dBA. Here is another good SilenX case fan too- SilenX EFX-12-12 120mm Case Fan
silent case fans are listed in my HTPC guide.
Post moved. New thread started.

My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
For anyone wondering if this build is fast/powerful enough, I built it this week (my first HTPC build) after a lot of trepidation and second-guessing. It runs Aeon ridiculously smooth, and with an SSD boots in under 30 seconds from off (comes back from standby in under 5). All in all I spent $308 with 4gb RAM and a 32gb SSD.

Thanks to the regulars for all their guidance on this. I highly recommend it.

Now if only I could go back two days before I found this sub-forum to take back my recommendation to my dad to buy the AspireRevo AR-3700 for $350...
Actually, quick question - HD video looks great with this setup, but SD looks worse than it did on the Revo - sort of jagged around the edges. Is there any fix/optimization for this that anyone knows about?

Thanks.
(2012-04-04, 22:24)evanl81 Wrote: Actually, quick question - HD video looks great with this setup, but SD looks worse than it did on the Revo - sort of jagged around the edges. Is there any fix/optimization for this that anyone knows about?

Thanks.
If you haven't update the latest GPU driver, you can update it from here- AMD Catalystâ„¢ Display Driver

You can start off by disable everything in CCC Video Quality other than "Enforce Smooth Video Playback" as shown in my screen shot below-

wooaaaaaaa, $350 for an anemic Revo, crazy....

if you want, you can give Reputation points.

just click on the + sign blue button Image
Done.

Bluray, I made those changes and it seems to help. Just curious what your video playback settings are. At the moment I only have DXVA enabled.
(2012-04-05, 03:30)evanl81 Wrote: Done.

Bluray, I made those changes and it seems to help. Just curious what your video playback settings are. At the moment I only have DXVA enabled.
I'm glad that it work out for you.....Nod

DXVA2 is enabled and everything else is disabled......

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D3