WebDAV - [AppleTV1] and OSX Lion
Hi,

I just upgraded to OSX Lion today and discovered the bad news about the incompatibility issues with samba. I'm attempting to use the WebDAV protocol instead since I read that some users have had success with it. Here's what I'm doing:

On the mac running lion I got MediaMaster Server, which I downloaded from the app store. I set up a new video share in XBMC using the 'add source' option and selected 'WebDAV server (HTTP)' as the protocol. I put in my credentials and changed the port to match the server but when select 'OK' to accept I get an error stating that XBMC couldn't connect to my server.

Here's the thing. In MediaMaster's status window I see that bytes are being sent and the number of connections is changing quickly from 0 to 1 and then back to 0.

Anyway, I was hoping that someone would have some advice on how to get this running.

Thanks!
Are you using XBMC v10.1? For some reason 10.1 doesn't like MediaMaster Server (but it likes other WebDAV sources just fine). A nightly build will work, or just wait a few weeks for an Eden (v11) beta. Not sure why this is.
Yes, I'm using 10.1. That's good to know, I thought that I was doing something wrong. I'll check around and see if I can grab another server.
Just finished getting WebDAV and xbmc working on OSX Lion using Apache. I followed the instructions here: http://manas.tungare.name/blog/howto-set...-mac-os-x/

and everything is working great. I miss using samba since the upgrade but this will do in the meantime.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebDAV - [AppleTV1] and OSX Lion0