• 21(current)
[Mini-ITX] A6-3600 (4x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
(2012-05-01, 23:24)eskro Wrote: right on Jarjar72!
again, keep us up to date!
i still would want to see if the stock 65w brick that came with isk300-65
can handle the a8-3820!

thanks Smile

It depends on what I get first... If I get the PicoPSU first then I will fire up my device with the new PSU and the A8-3850.
If I get the A8-3620 first then I will of course try to run it with the 65W stock brick and let you know...

But I will sure not have my 125W brick to test anymore because I will return it tomorrow.

sure you understand... Wink
(2012-05-01, 23:32)MrKay Wrote: and that's without a ssd and the 135watts.the cost just keeps going up cause i have to buy a keyboard & mouse and usb wifi

But i do think that a 135watts should work cause the apu is a 65watts even tho it has a more powerful gpu.

What do you need USB wifi for?

If you want to stream 1080p stuff to your HTPC I would heavily recommend an old fashioned cable connection. Everything else will not work flawlessly according to my experience. Tried it all... WiFi, PowerLAN... Cable is the only really reliable thing.

Just my thoughts.

And if you need the keyboard and mouse just to set the HTPC up you can go to a computer trash company and get some from there...
I got mine from my office... some old outdated stuff but good enough to set a PC up.

JJ

(2012-05-01, 23:18)Jarjar72 Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 22:38)MrKay Wrote: After reading this am a bit scared if the a8 3820 will work with a 135watts, Jarjar72 did you fix your problem. Cause my a8 3820 should be hear by end of next week

No I didn't solve my problem yet. As eskro says I am also waiting for my A8-3820 as well.

But I just ordered the picoPSU-160XT from Amazon inkluding a AC/DC Adapter. Because I can return my 125W brick and buy this Pico even a little bit cheaper and additionally I have more power.

And you know why? Because meanwhile I am sick of beeing scared that this stuff doesn't work with low powered bricks. I also do not care about any more electricity costs a more powerful PSU causes. I just want to be on the safe side and with this 160W from the PicoPSU I am because I tested it with a friends 160W PSU.
When I build PC, I like the CPU+GPU to be 50% to 70% of the PSU spec. The A8-3850 should be in the 60% range of the 160W Pico. You should be fine with it.....

As far as electricity cost, PC consume very little electricity. Regardless of PSU, A8-3850 should consume power only what it required. The appliances, AC, etc are the main sources of electricity cost. Good luck!

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-01, 23:40)Jarjar72 Wrote: If I get the A8-3620 first then I will of course try to run it with the 65W stock brick and let you know...
But I will sure not have my 125W brick to test anymore because I will return it tomorrow.
sure you understand... Wink

+ Big Grin
(2012-05-01, 23:53)Jarjar72 Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 23:32)MrKay Wrote: and that's without a ssd and the 135watts.the cost just keeps going up cause i have to buy a keyboard & mouse and usb wifi

But i do think that a 135watts should work cause the apu is a 65watts even tho it has a more powerful gpu.

What do you need USB wifi for?

If you want to stream 1080p stuff to your HTPC I would heavily recommend an old fashioned cable connection. Everything else will not work flawlessly according to my experience. Tried it all... WiFi, PowerLAN... Cable is the only really reliable thing.

Just my thoughts.

And if you need the keyboard and mouse just to set the HTPC up you can go to a computer trash company and get some from there...
I got mine from my office... some old outdated stuff but good enough to set a PC up.

JJ

I need it for web browsing since am not close to the router
yeah, i need WiFi for my setup here...
(2012-05-01, 23:32)MrKay Wrote: But i do think that a 135watts should work cause the apu is a 65watts even tho it has a more powerful gpu.
If the PSU in 300-65 case is rated for 135W, it shouldn't have any problem handling A8-3820 APU......

(2012-05-02, 00:02)MrKay Wrote: I need it for web browsing since am not close to the router

But I am pretty sure you also want to stream stuff, don't you? Or are you attaching USB HDD directly to your HTPC?

@eskro
What do you need wifi for? Not 1080p streaming...

If you are connected with a cable to a router for streaming then you are pratically already online and don't need wifi anymore?
Or is your router not connected to the internet?

(2012-05-02, 00:02)MrKay Wrote: I need it for web browsing since am not close to the router
If you do this "Linksys Refurbished E3200-RM + Linksys Refurbished WET610N", you should be able to surf the net and streaming 1080P....

(2012-05-02, 00:06)Jarjar72 Wrote: If you are connected with a cable to a router for streaming then you are pratically already online and don't need wifi anymore?
Streaming with cable is always the best, but cable is not accessible most of the time.....

(2012-05-02, 00:06)Jarjar72 Wrote:

But I am pretty sure you also want to stream stuff, don't you? Or are you attaching USB HDD directly to your HTPC?

@eskro

If you are connected with a cable to a router for streaming then you are pratically already online and don't need wifi anymore?
Or is your router not connected to the internet?

Am attaching USB HDD directly. My router is in another room so that's why i need the wifi usb
I just found this cheap wifi usb what you guys think

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250951977618?s...337wt_1132

eskro thread has some good ones but cant find them in uk
(2012-05-02, 00:06)Jarjar72 Wrote: @eskro

no no,,,

i play my files via a 2TB WDEARS locally....

i use WiFi to access the Internet with my Web Browser Smile

router downstairs, htpc upstairs!
what can we say MrKay?
unLess someone has that one and can confirm you how reliable it is...
If only i can find the Rosewill RNX-N180UBE. That you have listed eskro on your thread who post to uk that would have been great
(2012-05-02, 03:18)MrKay Wrote: If only i can find the Rosewill RNX-N180UBE. That you have listed eskro on your thread who post to uk that would have been great
How about this "Hama Wireless LAN 300Mbps"? Great price and great rating by UK users.....

(2012-05-02, 03:18)MrKay Wrote: If only i can find the Rosewill RNX-N180UBE. That you have listed eskro on your thread who post to uk that would have been great

i'd give this one a spin, looks good! ==> http://goo.gl/OgBpH

get the latest driver here --> http://goo.gl/qiuim
make sure to verify if your device is hardware version v2 or v1 ==> http://goo.gl/Km2JM
Thanks guy's i'll take a look at these wifi usb
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] A6-3600 (4x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D3