[Apple TV 2]
Hi,

I have read the "sticky" tutorial on Apple TV2, and I'd like to get such a device from Amazon, the question is: if I buy a new one, how likely is it that I receive one with a firmware that cannot be jailbreaked untethered? Or can all current versions be downgraded or flashed to an untethered jailbreak?
There's really no possible way anyone can know that without working at Amazon.

A tethered jailbreak for the ATV2 isn't bad. Originally that's all we had and it was still very usable, and that was back when we had a lot more crashes. We'll get an untethered jailbreak for the newer iOS/ATV2 software eventually.
Ned Scott Wrote:There's really no possible way anyone can know that without working at Amazon.

A tethered jailbreak for the ATV2 isn't bad. Originally that's all we had and it was still very usable, and that was back when we had a lot more crashes. We'll get an untethered jailbreak for the newer iOS/ATV2 software eventually.

Hi,

I have read the tutorial to do an untethered boot, and it really looks painful to attach the ATV (which is supposed to be running on my big TV in another room, with no PC near) by USB cable to a PC, and then switch cables. This is not really convenient, is it? Wink

So the question is: given the case it does come with 4.4.x, is it possible to go back to 4.3?
If it comes with 4.4.x, which to be honest is unlikely since 4.4.x is quite a new release and chances are you will get a 4.3 as I did seeing as Amazon are more likely to sell older stock first.

Worst case scenario is to borrow a laptop/netbook from someone for 20 minutes if you do not own one to tether JB.

4.4.x will be JB'd soon enough anyway.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
Jackie78 Wrote:Hi,

I have read the tutorial to do an untethered boot, and it really looks painful to attach the ATV (which is supposed to be running on my big TV in another room, with no PC near) by USB cable to a PC, and then switch cables. This is not really convenient, is it? Wink

So the question is: given the case it does come with 4.4.x, is it possible to go back to 4.3?

- The tethered boot is the one requiring you to boot the atv2 using a computer. 4.4.x is tethered and 4.3 is untethered.

- If the new atv2 comes with 4.4.x you can still downgrade it to 4.3 (for now) using Seas0npass (more detail in the Jailbreak FAQ).
There's really no possible way anyone can know that without working at Amazon.
Which version you have on the atv2 when shipped is irrelevant, you still have to pull shsh blobs to jailbreak and you can only pull them if Apple is still signing them.
U can only downgrade if apple are still signing iOS 4.3. After iOS 4 came out I upgraded to test out the airplay mirroring but was still able to downgrade and jailbreak a week later. Check firecore forums to see if you can still downgrade
Can you downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3 using seasonpass? Anyone know 100%? Thanks
boroboy Wrote:Can you downgrade from 4.4 to 4.3 using seasonpass? Anyone know 100%? Thanks

Yes. I did 2 over the weekend and a friend just did one today. I don't know why Apple is still signing 4.3, but it's a good thing. A tethered jb would be a real PITA I think.
Thanks for the info. So we wont be able to jailbreak untethered when apple stop signing 4.3?
Save your SHSH blobs today with Tiny Umbrella and you'll always be able to go back to 4.3 on your current device. Once Apple stops signing 4.3 we'll have to wait for an untethered 4.4.x jailbreak to be released.
Save blobs for each device or just once? Im getting 3 devices.
You need to save SHSH blobs for each iOS device you have that you want to be able to jailbreak.
So you save blobs before I downgrade?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV 2]0