Why XBMC doesn't recognize VIDEO_TS folders?
Question 
Hello everybody,

Probably a n00b-question, please be gentle...

I've got over 60 TV-series. Some are .MKV, some .MPG, some .ISO and some VIDEO_TS-folders.

I've done a clean instal of XBMC and made a test folder with the following content/structure:

Alias
>season 01
>>Alias.S01E01E02E03E04
>>>VIDEO_TS
>>>AUDEO_TS
>>Alias.S01E05E06E07E08
>>>VIDEO_TS
>>>AUDEO_TS
>season 02
>>Alias.S02E01E02E03E04.iso
>>Alias.S02E05E06E07E08.iso

When i scan this folder it only reconize season 2.

It probable just a matter of changing a setting, but i seached and seached, but i can't find it. I also tried to seach this forum, but again i was unsuccesful.

I know the option to change all my VIDEO_TS folders in ISO's but since most of my collection is in VIDEO_TS-folder i prefer to keep it that way.

Please help me with this small problem.

Thanks in advance!!

Rene
It can. But you have to have an advancesettings with the following in it. Works like a charm!

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
     <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
     <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
   </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Here is a link to a thread that might help. Found here It is about naming, but also about VIDEO_TS use.
Hi Tight_wad,

Thanks!

I haven't got it to work, but i will proceed on that thread.
follow the links, and don't forget that if you don't have an advancedsettings.xml, that you will have to create one. If you have one, just copy and paste the one above but leave out the first and last line. those will already be part of the existing advanced settings code. And you will have to restart to have xbmc use it.
Just to clearn things up, why not having those DVD structures in mkv?
Perhaps u lose menus, but gain simplicity and ease not only working with XBMC but also with every other software. I have slowly passed all my DVD's (lot) to mkv, with exactly the same quality they had.
is there any reason other than menus, that u are keeping all those files for a movie?
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
My reasoning is that I don't use any thing else to play them. So just making a change to the advancedsettings gets them working and done. Nice clean file structure and no additional work.

But others may find making changes is good for them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why XBMC doesn't recognize VIDEO_TS folders?0