Enabled AirPlay but can't select?
I have the latest pre-Eden build and enabled AirPlay. I restarted xbmc too, but I can't select to stream from my iPhone 4S. There is just no icon to select another source.

iPhone is on wifi, xbmc is windows 7 over Ethernet.

Any ideas why I can't select it?
Keep in mind that right now Windows only has video AirPlay abilities, so audio only apps will not AirPlay to XBMC for Windows.

If it is video that you are trying to AirPlay, are you sure it is an app that has that option? Some, like Netflix, won't pop up the AirPlay option.

If it is an AirPlay app then... we wait for Memphiz to share his wisdom, as I can't currently recall any of the common fixes at the moment...
you have to enable zeroconf to publish the airplay server.
You can browse with e.g. bonjour browser on your local net for announces to be sure.
Ned Scott Wrote:Keep in mind that right now Windows only has video AirPlay abilities, so audio only apps will not AirPlay to XBMC for Windows.

If it is video that you are trying to AirPlay, are you sure it is an app that has that option? Some, like Netflix, won't pop up the AirPlay option.

If it is an AirPlay app then... we wait for Memphiz to share his wisdom, as I can't currently recall any of the common fixes at the moment...

I heard about audio not working but I thought it was actually since fixed.

I dunno.. tried music app, youtube, photos... none give me an option to airplay
you have to install some apple bonjour service on windows ... something which comes with itunes i think?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:you have to install some apple bonjour service on windows ... something which comes with itunes i think?

K... I just installed iTunes - still no luck though Sad

What's next? :p

Edit: I restarted the HTPC and now airplay shows up!! Smile

But yes, no sound... so we can confirm that isn't working yet? I thought I came across discussions saying it was working, it shows up as two separate devices, etc. etc...

Edit 2: The youtube app did both video and music...
No AirTunes (which is audio streaming) for windows yet. Whoever told it works was using linux, osx or ios ...

And of course you have the sound of the videos. But plain audiostream like you would do it from itunes or from the ipod app is not available on windows yet.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hi, i just updated to the last opdenkamp PVR build and wanted to try AirPlay with my iPhone...
I enabled it in the menus, zeroconf as well(allthough i don't know what it is, it was enabled by default anyway), rebooted but there is still no airplay button showing up on my Phone. Anything I'm missing??
Hi there

the problem still exists with the new EDEN beta1 for windows - enabled airplay and zeroconf but cannot select it on iPhone 3GS.

I aso tried it with the latest openELEC Eden build which isn't very far from eden beta 1... still not working

any solution for this?
If you want AirTunes (wireless audio) for Windows, use the free shairport program until XBMC gets it incorporated.

AirTunes on your Windows PC

Works great !

-Nik
Yes, but as you see it does not work on linux either...

i had a short time where it worked with openelec pvr-version of odk55 but it stopped working...

edit:
I see, it could be related to avahi daemon. How do I (re)start avahi daemon under openelec??
Quote:Hi there

the problem still exists with the new EDEN beta1 for windows - enabled airplay and zeroconf but cannot select it on iPhone 3GS.

I'm using Eden Beta 1 on Windows 7 (64bit) and AirPlay video, youtube, pictures works perfect.

You just have to use the Shairport program to play your music.

-Nik
Disable IPv6 and then try.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
I'm also having a similar porblem where to option to select XBMC to stream to from my iphone or ipad is not showing. I did the setup and the Notification in XBMC that AirPlay is working pops up but nothing shows in either idevice. I even tried darksout's suggestion to disable IPv6 but still no luck. I'm using Windows 7 with XBMC Eden Beta1 and both idevices are on ios5. Anyone have a solution?
dlinao23 Wrote:I'm also having a similar porblem where to option to select XBMC to stream to from my iphone or ipad is not showing. I did the setup and the Notification in XBMC that AirPlay is working pops up but nothing shows in either idevice. I even tried darksout's suggestion to disable IPv6 but still no luck. I'm using Windows 7 with XBMC Eden Beta1 and both idevices are on ios5. Anyone have a solution?

you need to install the apple bonjour service on windows ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enabled AirPlay but can't select?0