Audio delay based on fps
There was talk about adding this but it got shelved when AudioEngine was supposed to be coming in time for Eden.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
meridius Wrote:Hi there

Which part of the test do u look at for the sound. Also If I took a video of my test how do I strip the audio and find out exactly what the timings are, like what u did

Cheers

If you look at the image below that's when you should hear the click, if you hear it before or after then the bottom part shows you how much its out by

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/1747/bbcsync.jpg

Demuxing audio and video will depend on what format it is you could always just pause the video when you hear the sound and look at the bottom part of the test for sync amount

PatrickBateman Wrote:Same here?
It's to coincidental that we all have a 200ms delay for it to be our setups so I'm assuming it's a bug in xbmc.

Even after I set it to 200 I still notice a very minor lip-sync issue, it's still not 100% perfect but as xbmc only let's us move the delay in in .25ms jumps, 200 is as close as I can get to perfect.

If its still out of sync move it forward or back another .25ms as your eye cannot detect that amount from the perfect sync point which is why I said you can normally find a point that allows everything to look in sync

Don't forget we are talking about milliseconds here a thousandth (1/1000) of one second Smile
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
ashlar Wrote:There was talk about adding this but it got shelved when AudioEngine was supposed to be coming in time for Eden.

I hope they now add it as the new audio engine is not been added to xbmc.

There needs to be 3 options

24hz
50hz
60hz

And under each option should have maybe four options

Dts
Dolby digital
Pro logic
Stereo

And you can set each delay, but been able to set it by number and not by increments. Would also leave the option in to alter each movie just in case

This would be handy untill the new audio engine is out.

Or even add the bbc audio test as well so u can check and alter it

What do u think would this be Possable to add be fore xbmc 11 is released.
Hi all.

After recently building a new HTPC setup, and getting a new TV, I've been encountering this very same problem too.

Was a solution ever found?

typical bluray 24p DTS movies are around 250ms out of sync (or around 150 with game mode enabled on the TV set) and 150 (or 50 in game mode) on HDTV ripped 60fps content. Not sure yet on AC3 instead of DTS, as hadn't thought of that when was on the HTPC.

Surely there must be some way to add a basic script or plugin to manage this? Must be lots of people with the issue, and watching OOS movies is a fairly big problem in my eyes to be worth being high in the priority list.

Its a pain to have to adjust the sync each time I change between movies and HDTV 50/60fps content.....though manageable, but more of a pain when the kids drive is connected.

Same material played through the popcorn a110 player, at matched fps plays with no issues (well apart from a fixed AV delay set on my receiver) regardless of framerate

Whilst I can of course have the match framerate option disabled, and all played at 60fps, I tried this today, but the video was considerably jerky to make it annoying to watch....a lot more than standard 3:2 pulldown so somethings not right there too. A lot jerkier playing 24fps content at 60fps compared to the popcorn player. Spec is a Dual Core 2.1ghz, 2gb ram, GT430 card, Windows 7 64bit, should be more than capable for a 1080p24 SBS mkv.

any progress? (hoping)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio delay based on fps0