Audio delay based on fps
Is there a way to set audio delay based on fps?
I have a sync issue when playing 24p only so i do not want to set a delay for all videos
Have you actually tried syncing the 24fps and setting it as the default for all video because there's normally an amount of ms either way that allows you to sync the 24fps but not throw out the sync enough to notice on the others as there's a fine amount the eye wont detect

I use analogue outs on mine and optical but analogue adds a very noticeable delay in the hardware I have mine set to 204ms and both analogue and optical are now in perfect sync even though optical looked fine anyway

I used the BBC Audio Sync Test which makes it a whole lot easier
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Does anyone know of a 24p DTS/ac3 version of a sync file similr to these? My biggest audio delay from xbmc seems to be when I play films that match those specs? On mpc etc I experience no delay, it's usually some where in the region of -150 to -250

The BBC sync files are 25hz and as I have no delay with media in that format it would be great to have sync file tht matches the mail culprit exactly.

I'll keep checking my self, however if anyone has/knows or can make a file that would match those specs that would be a huge advantage in correcting this audio issue.

Can the devs perhaps look into allowing us to set a delay based on fps? Or just to perhaps remember out settings based on fps rather than per video which it is just now, I believe.
If you have newsgroup access you can get the BBC version in both 25 and 23.976 fps I believe the one below is the one I grabbed

BBC Audio Sync Test

I actually videoed it running in XBMC then demuxed the video and audio to get an accurate sync much easier then spending ages trying to adjust it by eye
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:If you have newsgroup access you can get the BBC version in both 25 and 23.976 fps I believe the one below is the one I grabbed

BBC Audio Sync Test

I actually videoed it running in XBMC then demuxed the video and audio to get an accurate sync much easier then spending ages trying to adjust it by eye

hi how do you mean "I actually videoed it running in XBMC then demuxed the video and audio to get an accurate sync much easier then spending ages trying to adjust it by eye"

how did you do that ? i have put mine at -200ms also for 24p DTS .

its a weired problem but i hope its fixed in the new xbmc 11 version.

does anyone know if it is fixed in that version

thanks
meridius Wrote:hi how do you mean "I actually videoed it running in XBMC then demuxed the video and audio to get an accurate sync much easier then spending ages trying to adjust it by eye"

how did you do that ? i have put mine at -200ms also for 24p DTS but it seems fine with 24p dolby digital and others.

its a weired problem but i hope its fixed in the new xbmc 11 version.

does anyone know if it is fixed in that version

thanks

Have you used the sync test it gives you a visual reference for the sound, I videoed it running in XBMC I then separated the video and audio from that video I then found in the video the time code at which point there should be sound, I then found that time code in the audio file the difference between where that is and the actual sound plays is the sync value

It was easy for me as I use to sync a lot of stuff obviously you need a video editor and sound editor Smile
>>X<<' Wrote:Have you used the sync test it gives you a visual reference for the sound, I videoed it running in XBMC I then separated the video and audio from that video I then found in the video the time code at which point there should be sound, I then found that time code in the audio file the difference between where that is and the actual sound plays is the sync value

It was easy for me as I use to sync a lot of stuff obviously you need a video editor and sound editor Smile

thanks

wounder if the sync that is out is the same for everyone as i have read alot of people put it at -200ms and yours is 204ms
o you get it on all movies i am sure i only get it on dts stuff and not dolby digital or stereo
Mine is only out when I use analogue outs so mine is due to hardware not software if I use HDMI or Optical everything is in sync
Hey,

Mine is out by apx 200ms when using Hd 720/1080@24p with DTS audio etc.

This is connected via hdmi directly into my Denon AVR. The delay is not apparent on 60hz media etc?

Weird how we all fall into a similar delay time? This must be xbmc related though as when I play the same file in other players such as mpc-hc I get no audio sync issues.

I'm running the latest nightly, and still have these issues...
From the recent announcements on here, we know that Eden will not have the new Audio Engine intrgrated into the final build, we know that no changes are being made to xbmcs internal codecs (as it's a big job).

So my initial thought on this is are, Were stuck with it until the audio/video engine is updated/overhauled and from what is written on these here forums, that won't be for some time to come Sad

I'd like to see if the devs could just add a feature to allow us to set delays based on hz/fps in the video menu just to tide us over.

Change display refresh rate to match video -
Sync video to display -
Custom Audio/Video delay
24hz -
50hz -
60hz -

Et Cetera...
This would tide us over until the new engine is complete.

>>x<<
do you have or could you get hold of the 23.97 version and post it here as I don't have access to news groups. This would be very helpful as it would allow me to accurately set the delay for that content.

Cheers,
Pat~
Hi

Since you said about dts that's the same for me to. Come to think of it I have not noticed any sync problems with 24p using Dolby digital or stereo it always seems to be dts and 24p.

I have no problems with 50hz or 60hz, I know if u use 60hz option for all video I get no problems at all with sync only when I match the source and 24p dts I get 200ms problem.

Would be nice if they added a feature said above about setting it for different audio types as I can not adjust all as my Dolby digital and stereo are fine

The problem is u would need a setting for both MHz type and audio type as my 24p Dolby digital is fine but my 24p dts is not

I am also using hdmi
PatrickBateman Wrote:>>x<<
do you have or could you get hold of the 23.97 version and post it here as I don't have access to news groups. This would be very helpful as it would allow me to accurately set the delay for that content.

Cheers,
Pat~

I uploaded the 23.976 version below which has both AC3 and DTS

http://www.mediafire.com/?0m2cx5gxvw6emvw
>>X<<' Wrote:I uploaded the 23.976 version below which has both AC3 and DTS

thanks will give it a shot
>>X<<' Wrote:I uploaded the 23.976 version below which has both AC3 and DTS

Hey >>x<<
Really appreciate that Nod
Thanks for uploading them for us... I'll test/sync and report back with findings.

Thanks again,
Pat~
Hi there

Very strange it seems my ac3 is out to buy have not noticed it in movies but dts and Dolby digital seems to be out by 200ms

Which part of the test do u look at for the sound. Also If I took a video of my test how do I strip the audio and find out exactly what the timings are, like what u did

Cheers
meridius Wrote:Hi there

Very strange it seems my ac3 is out to buy have not noticed it in movies but dts and Dolby digital seems to be out by 200ms

Which part of the test do u look at for the sound. Also If I took a video of my test how do I strip the audio and find out exactly what the timings are, like what u did

Cheers

Same here?
It's to coincidental that we all have a 200ms delay for it to be our setups so I'm assuming it's a bug in xbmc.

Even after I set it to 200 I still notice a very minor lip-sync issue, it's still not 100% perfect but as xbmc only let's us move the delay in in .25ms jumps, 200 is as close as I can get to perfect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio delay based on fps0