AppleTV 2 - No space left on device
Today i try to do the latest nightly update and was confronted with this error message on my Terminal window.

I have the Apple TV2 only with the XBMC installed no other softwares no movies or music downloaded. I used with an external hard drive as source. I try to look around with FTP connection, i found i have about 1 GB on the XBMC user folder, bit and what the other 5,7 GBHuh What they are about Huh

Someone knows some content that can be deleted?

Someone knows how can i place the XBMC user folder in an external drive and make XBMC read from there?

Thanks for your support Wink
Lepaka Wrote:Today i try to do the latest nightly update and was confronted with this error message on my Terminal window.

I have the Apple TV2 only with the XBMC installed no other softwares no movies or music downloaded. I used with an external hard drive as source. I try to look around with FTP connection, i found i have about 1 GB on the XBMC user folder, bit and what the other 5,7 GBHuh What they are about Huh

Someone knows some content that can be deleted?

Someone knows how can i place the XBMC user folder in an external drive and make XBMC read from there?

Thanks for your support Wink

Have a look in /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video

and run: du -h

What does it output?

iTunes caches watched video on the device, and doesn't clear it out (well not for xbmc anyway).

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Take a look in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages. I found over 3GB of zip files in there. They were all plugin updates. It seems that XBMC doesn't delete them after extracting and installing them.
Set845 Wrote:Take a look in /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages. I found over 3GB of zip files in there. They were all plugin updates. It seems that XBMC doesn't delete them after extracting and installing them.

I think for the rollback feature. I wonder if that can be turned off.
It would be nice.
Thank you guys who gave very useful tips.

When i post the message the capacity used was 100%
after the tip from Cranial, i clean up the suggested folder i won 20%
after the tip from Set845, i clean up the suggested folder i won additional 55%

Today i have only 25% used, Laugh

Thanks
Ned Scott Wrote:I think for the rollback feature. I wonder if that can be turned off.

I second this idea, I just found the same on my ATV2.
+1 . . . I had the same problem, but this thread was incredibly useful.
Thanks for the tips here guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV 2 - No space left on device1