Genres and Country issue with the IMDB scraper
Hi all,

Since the 11th of January I have the following issue: the IMDB scaper (2.3.2) in dharma does not capture any info on genres or country. Does anyone have a similar issue?
You are not alone. I am also not pulling the director or writer of the film.
If it makes a difference, I am in Ontario Canada and use Cogeco cable...
I'll handle and push an update. Thanks for the info.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:I'll handle and push an update. Thanks for the info.

Thanks vdrfan!
If it helps, I did some changes too. You can review or use them if you like.

Genre and Country were not the only things affected: I found that Directors, Writers and Year were also affected.

I fixed both metadata.common.imdb.com and metadata.imdb.com so they work for me.

In metadata.imdb.com

Year:
Code:
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;year&gt;\1&lt;/year&gt;" dest="5+"><expression>&lt;a href=&quot;/year/[^&gt;]*&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;</expression>
</RegExp>

Genre and Country
Code:
<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;genre&gt;\1&lt;/genre&gt;" dest="5+"><expression repeat="yes"> href=&quot;/genre/([^&quot;]+)&quot;   it</expression></RegExp>

<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;country&gt;\1&lt;/country&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression repeat="yes"> href=&quot;/country/[^&gt;]+&gt;([^&lt;]+)expression></RegExp>

In metadata.common.imdb.com
Code:
    <ParseIMDBDirectors dest="5">
        <RegExp input="$$2" output="&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;" dest="5">
            <RegExp input="$$1" output="\1" dest="6">
                <expression clear="yes" noclean="1">Director[s]?.*?&lt;/h4&gt;(.*?)&lt;div class</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <RegExp input="$$6" output="&lt;director&gt;\1&lt;/director&gt;" dest="2+">
                <expression repeat="yes" fixchars="1" clear="yes">&lt;a[^&gt;]*&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <expression noclean="1" />
        </RegExp>
    </ParseIMDBDirectors>
    <ParseIMDBWriters dest="5">
            <RegExp input="$$1" output="\1" dest="6">
                <expression noclean="1">Writer[s]?.*?&lt;/h4&gt;(.*?)&lt;div class</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <RegExp input="$$6" output="&lt;credits&gt;\1&lt;/credits&gt;" dest="2+">
                <expression repeat="yes" fixchars="1">&lt;a[^&gt;]*&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;</expression>
            </RegExp>
        </RegExp>
    </ParseIMDBWriters>

Code:
    <ParseIMDBFullDirectors dest="5">
            <RegExp conditional="fullcredits" input="$$1" output="\1" dest="6">
                <expression clear="yes" noclean="1">Director[s]?:&lt;/h5&gt;[^&gt;]*&gt;(.*?)&lt;/div</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <RegExp input="$$6" output="&lt;director&gt;\1&lt;/director&gt;" dest="2+">
                <expression repeat="yes" fixchars="1" clear="yes">&lt;a[^&gt;]*&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;</expression>
            </RegExp>
        </RegExp>
    </ParseIMDBFullDirectors>
    <ParseIMDBFullWriters dest="5">
            <RegExp conditional="fullcredits" input="$$1" output="\1" dest="6">
                <expression noclean="1">Writing credits(.*?)name="</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <RegExp input="$$6" output="&lt;credits&gt;\1&lt;/credits&gt;" dest="2+">
                <expression repeat="yes" fixchars="1">&lt;a[^&gt;]*&gt;([^&lt;]*)&lt;</expression>
            </RegExp>
        </RegExp>
    </ParseIMDBFullWriters>

Hope this helps!
Regards,

Marty G
Pushed scraper version 2.3.3. It should be available to all mirrors in a few hours. No issues with years here though.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thank you !
same here, in stalled XMBX on my mac yesterday, got everything perfectly set up. TV shows in library mode do show Genre, Movies do not show Genre (scraped through IMDB). Seems like most sort option like actor, year, title function normally. Too bad cause I like to use genre. How do I fix this?
I have installed the new version of the scraper v2.3.3, but is there a way I can say go and rescrape all films, one by one manually is going to be a killer.
There's no refresh. You'd have to set content to none, then set it again and scrape.
Thank you very much for your immediate response vdrfan! v2.3.3 fixes the issue
Very much appreciate it! So happy you guys were able to get the trailers working again, love being able to do that!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genres and Country issue with the IMDB scraper0